Ive searched this and I couldn't find a definitive answer. If parts of my screen dont click well or at all can I go into the store and exchange it under warranty?
    05-25-09 12:21 PM
    depends on how long you've had it for. I know people that have just gotten it and the screen seems tight and doesnt click much. but after you use it a little. it'll start clicking better. If you still have a problem id suggest you have it looked at and maybe it needs to be turned in under your insurance if the warranty had lapsed
    05-25-09 12:34 PM
    Typically, there's 30 days to exchange it within the store. After that, the device is still under a 1yr warranty. Some stores will actually swap the device.
    05-25-09 12:40 PM
    warranty exchanges for the storm rarely happen at the store level...if you take it in and they say it needs to be replaced, they will call customer service to send out replacement...so give customer service a call first before heading into a store...if the phone is still under warranty, I suggest you take advantage of it first before considering using your insurance option to replace since you only get 2 insurance replacements per year...
    05-25-09 02:21 PM
    I've gotten one of my Storms replaced for this very reason. The click was truly bad. The rep I spoke to had no problem replacing it. The click on my new Storm is so amazing I can't even describe it. Btw, this was over the phone, not at the store.
    05-25-09 02:23 PM
    9 times out of 10, while it may seem more convenient to go into a store to swap out the phone, you have to end up calling a CSR. That goes for XBM...troubleshooting...etc
    05-25-09 06:37 PM
    Most stores should be willing to replace the device for you. It's a hardware issue not a software issue. The rep should be able to physically click (or not click) the screen. I replace Storms in store when we have them available.

My suggestion would be to untighten the two bolts on the back of the phone. Most screen click problems I encounter in the store are just that. Over-tightened screws. Loosened up, the phone turns back into the device intended.

Before you go into the store I suggest you back up all of your information bc the in-store rep may fall victim to the tech support rep and wipe your phone thinking this will help.
    05-25-09 06:47 PM
    I Really Like Some Of The Storms Preloaded Ringtones, Mainly The Notifiers.....does Anyone Know If There Is A Way To Get Those Tones On To My Curve?
    No but I can tell you a way to type so people don't have their inner voice speaking in monosyllables

I joke I joke, I'm really not that horrid
    That said I'm afraid I can't help you with your question, and I have a feeling it's not meant to be here anyway.
    05-25-09 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD