Hello and thank you for my answering my questions in advance. I am traveling to Pittsburgh for Christmas and I stay in a very dark room and would like to use the good old storm for an alarm clock/clock. I know this is easily possible, but the question does arrise...Will my screen be okay being on all that time? Obviously it'll be plugged in.

Thanks!
    Paul
    12-22-08 01:08 PM
    I am no expert but I imagine they built the thing to do things just like that.

You can always set it to "bedside mode".

Many of us use it that way and I really hope it doesn't damage the screen, but my opinion is that it won't.
    12-22-08 01:12 PM
    I have had mine in the dock everynight for the last 3 weeks. I can't see it hurting anything. It will dim after the lights are out.
    12-22-08 01:12 PM
    I keep wondering about that as well. I have turned the clock off while I charge the phone at night. At first I thought it would be a great idea to have a craddle but I keep wondering about any possible burn-in.
    12-22-08 01:14 PM
    I have had mine in the dock everynight for the last 3 weeks. I can't see it hurting anything. It will dim after the lights are out.
    What kind of "dock" are you refering to? This sounds interesting ...
    12-22-08 01:15 PM
    What kind of "dock" are you refering to? This sounds interesting ...

I know ShopCrackBerry store sells it. It's the dock from RIM. It didn't come standard with the phone.
    12-22-08 01:17 PM
    I would like to know if there is a way to turn the screen completely off when plugged in or using the phone as an alarm clock?
    12-22-08 01:31 PM
    I've been using mine for several weeks and it works great...
    The screen is LCD and not plasma, so burn in shouldn't be an issue.
    I use the bedtime mode so no email alarms going off. The ONLY annoying feature is the light on the top of the cradle. I�m going to try some electrical tape over it. Interesting how bright it is at night.
    Alarm has worked like a charm. Was a little worried this morning with a wake-up at 4:45 to catch a 7:15 out of Dallas but no problem..

Good Luck!!!
    12-22-08 02:19 PM
    The clock will not burn into the screen because it keeps changing, remember? The time will keep moving which will keep the numbers from burning into the screen. Also, its not a plasma. I have been using it for a clock for a couple of weeks and am not having any issues!
    12-22-08 02:36 PM
    I just got my cradle and used it last night in Bedside Mode. While the display is still a little bright for my liking, I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is my email notification going off in the middle of the night. If I turn off all sounds, will the alarm still go off in the morning to wake me up?
    12-23-08 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD