I did a search on this and came up with nothing. I have never had a second battery for a phone. Here's my question- if I get a second battery and charge it fully and then remove from phone and put it in my brief case for later use, how long will this battery (outside of a phone) keep its charge. If I have to recharge the back up battery every couple of days, I may not get the second battery.
    TIA
    01-02-09 12:51 PM
    Considering the fact that we sell batteries that have sat on the shelf for 6 months and still have the same charge as a new one I would say it would stay charged for a really long time..however I also would like some clarification on this!
    01-02-09 01:45 PM
    If it helps, I have an OEM spare battery that I charged fully (overnight) about 4 weeks ago. I've carried it in my pocket as a spare since then. I just popped it into my Storm, and it indicates a 100% charge.
    01-02-09 01:54 PM
    I am waiting to order the second battery if I can get some input on this.
    TIA
    01-02-09 01:54 PM
    I am waiting to order the second battery if I can get some input on this.
    TIA
    Looks like we both posted at the same time. See my post above for my experience.
    01-02-09 02:07 PM
    Thanks. I just ordered the Seidio 1600 battery after seeing your post.

Looks like we both posted at the same time. See my post above for my experience.
    01-02-09 02:10 PM
    For others interested, I have a second, standard battery that I last charged at least two weeks ago. I just popped it into my Storm and it is still showing a 100% charge.
    01-02-09 02:32 PM
    I keep a spare oem battery at home and a spare oem battery at the office. They will hold the charge for a couple of months anyway, probably more. Every couple of weeks I'll rotate a spare into the phone. The batteries do not like extreme heat or cold so don't keep them in the car.
    01-02-09 09:39 PM
    For those of you interested, this morning I finally needed to use the spare battery that I have been carrying in my pocket everyday since the day I fully charged in December 2008. When the Storm restarted, the spare battery indicated 100% charge, and at this writing still has a 50% charge. Not bad.
    04-02-09 10:22 PM
    Yeah, I hardly ever use my spare, so when I do it has probably been sitting for at least a month and it still has 100% charge.
    04-02-09 11:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD