Hello Storm users, my uncle wants to get a Blackberry Storm from Verizon. But before he gets it he would like to know if any of the problems that were reported earlier have been fixed.He would like to know if the screen probllems have been fixed? He woulkd also like to know if the lagging has been fixed? Also is the screen clickable in allparts (even the corners)? Please let me know so I can let him know if he should get it right now ir not.thanks
    He
    Hey

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by damankam786; 02-07-09 at 11:26 AM.
    02-07-09 11:17 AM
    Hello.
    He really needs to check it for himself. I've had mine since release day and although some don't believe its possible I have had 0 problems with mine.
    Lag will disappear with OS upgrades... There has been ONE OFFICAL upgrade. There have been many bootleg os releases. Some have worked for some and not for others.
    So, don't drink the crackberry kool aide and believe that there have been numerous updates to the os. 1 OFFICIAL and many bootlegs.

My screen is good. Many haven't been.
    You can't ask questions and get "tactile" responses. He really needs to go check one out for himself.
    He may or may not like it for other reasons.

02-07-09 11:32 AM
    How can he check these problems before he buys it? Are there any specific things he should do to check these problems?

02-07-09 11:36 AM
    The current software issues with .75 HAVE NOT been resolved yet "Officially". I would suggest your uncle wait until the next official OS gets released to be absolutely sure. However, he can go to a store now and play with one of the demo units. Have him do that for an extended period of time.... something like 15-20 minutes. Have him try to make test calls, test typing, browsing, etc. Then have him leave and let all that sink in for about a day or two. Then go back and try it again. If at the end of that cycle he still wants one, then it'll probably work for him. Just my suggestion. The Storm is either a love or hate relationship regardless of the OS issues. It either works or doesn't work "with" you. The only way to be sure it to put your hands on one and mess with it.
    02-07-09 11:39 AM
    Your Uncle should probably wait. It appears he already is "looking" for the issues.
    In my case, as with others, I have not had the problems that many have encountered (other then a little lagging, but no worse then any other phone I've had). My wife and I both got ours release day (11/21) and love them.
    As Civic stated, wait until the next OS release and then let him check it out at a store.
    02-07-09 12:04 PM
    do you guys know around when the new OS will be out?

02-07-09 12:15 PM
    The return policy is great so its basically a no lose situation for trying it. As for "lag" if you upgrade to the newest leak then problems have been fixed but there is not a new official release yet. I have heard late March its coming but again there is alot of speculation but it should be fairly soon.
    02-07-09 12:25 PM
    I read somewhere and it said the storms were gonna get new screen suspensions? Can anyone confirm this if it was done?

02-07-09 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD