Well... I thank you all for your help. I'll keep all that was said here in mind when I get my Storm on Friday!
    11-16-08 07:29 PM
    honestly some of the questions asked make me wanna cut my wrist
    11-16-08 07:30 PM
    You said "push the screen in"... is it like the voyager or iphone? (is iphone a curse word on here?) What's the screen made of?
    It sounds like there may be some misunderstanding here.

The Storm's touch-screen is unlike anything else out there. Like all other touch screens, it responds to the touch of your finger... but then it goes a step further.

Unlike anything else, the whole screen physically can be depressed (as if it was one huge button). So, you move your finger to the part of the screen you want to highlight (as you would moving a mouse or trackball), then push down (clicking the mouse button). This distinction between highlighting and selecting is supposed to make the process easier and more intuitive. Most reviews of the Storm's touch screen technology have been very positive, particularly when it comes to typing speed vs. other touch screens.

The screen itself is a hard material, either glass or a very rigid plastic.

What they were shooting for was a touch-screen keyboard which feels like a real keyboard. On an iPhone, Voyager, etc, it doesn't feel like a keyboard because you're just touching a flat plate. On the Storm, you're actually depressing the touch-screen, so it is intended to feel more like normal typing.

My daughter has a voyager, which gives you feedback when you touch the touchscreen by vibrating. The Storm is closer to the Voyager than the iPhone in that respect, because you have feedback. In the case of the Storm, however, the feedback is from actually pushing in, with a physical "click" like you would feel on a keyboard. I guess you could sum it up this way:

* iPhone - No tactile feedback
    * Voyager - Haptic (synthetic vibration) feedback
    * Storm - Physical (real) feedback

Mike
    11-16-08 07:42 PM
    does the screen actually move in when you click?
    11-16-08 07:49 PM
    qhdidjhiudcwojcowicwoicj.......................... ..............................breath.............. .................................................. ......Yes the screen is pushed in when u click! "It is a big button"
    11-16-08 07:56 PM
    Think I may confuse matters even more now when you are typing, because the screen supports multi-touch you can keep your finger on the previous letter because it selects the latest letter you pressed.... so if you tend to kinda drag your fingers over keys as you type thats no problem!

Its really cool. The only problem you may get doing this is if you leave your finger on a letter too long you'll bring up the alternative letter choices. I'm getting to really like the full qwerty keyboard
    11-16-08 08:07 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD