When i connect my Storm to my laptop, earlier in the day when i went to look through the files via "my computer" it showed blackberry 1 & blackberry 2. I just plugged it in now and it just says Blackberry 9530. Anybody know of a way to get the blackberry 1 & 2 to show? I tried unplugging and plugging back in but that didn't work.

edit - using windows xp.
    Last edited by IHIERBal; 12-20-08 at 10:00 PM.
    12-20-08 09:39 PM
    I actually use XP on my MacBook pro with parallels. It is weird, because sometimes it will say 9530, and others it says BB1 and BB2. I have no idea how this happens, but I would like to know as well. You aren't alone though!
    12-20-08 10:16 PM
    I actually use XP on my MacBook pro with parallels. It is weird, because sometimes it will say 9530, and others it says BB1 and BB2. I have no idea how this happens, but I would like to know as well. You aren't alone though!
    Thanks for the post! I was getting a bit worried. I thought the thread was gonna make it to page 1,243 without a response. lol
    12-20-08 10:18 PM
    with your BB hooked up, go to my computer, there will be an F & G drive, F=1=internal device memory, G=2=memory card..
    12-20-08 10:19 PM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That'll do it. If not - uninstall and reinstall DM.
    12-20-08 10:22 PM
    with your BB hooked up, go to my computer, there will be an F & G drive, F=1=internal device memory, G=2=memory card..
    The first time i hooked it up it came up how you stated it should. F being blackberry1 and G being blackberry 2.

Next time i plug it in all i'm getting is blackberry 9350.

12-20-08 10:25 PM
    The reason it does this is because you will not get drive F (device memory) and G (card media) until your device has switched to Mass Storage Mode. It switches automatically when you start up the Media Manager application in DM. You can also force the Storm to do it automatically anytime that it is plugged into the computer by going to Options > Memory then making sure that "Mass Storage Mode Support" is On and Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected is to Yes. Now it will show the Drives everytime and you will never need to use the Media Manager.
    Last edited by lcpolk; 12-20-08 at 10:56 PM.
    12-20-08 10:37 PM
    Go to options>memory and set it like this
    12-20-08 10:39 PM
    Thanks guys/gals! This is why I love crackberry and am on it 24/7. Well not really but as much as I can. Thanks again!!
    12-20-08 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD