Just got my seidio case and holster. Like em both. But I do have a question in regards to the sleeper magnet n mode.

When I'm placing it in the holster, the screen goes off lil over half way into the holster, but when it gets to the bottom the screen turns back on.
    Doesn't seem like its goin into sleeper mode if the screen comes back on.

Also, when I first used it last week it, my battery was drained and my screen wouldn't dim/turn off at all after being in my holster.

And talking about sleeper mode.... Not having it lock in the holster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 07:20 AM
    Return it if it's not working the way you expected. My NiteIze holster with magnets mod works great.

01-12-09 09:28 AM
    Try one more thing before you give up. Try inserting your Storm upside down or backwards and see if it stays to sleep.

01-12-09 09:35 AM
    Did you check your profiles to be sure you have it set to a specific function in or out of the holster?
    01-12-09 09:47 AM
    Did you check your profiles to be sure you have it set to a specific function in or out of the holster?
    Yeah what Greg said, that's the first thing.

01-12-09 09:54 AM
    Yeah what Greg said, that's the first thing.

What do you mean by profiles?

01-12-09 11:14 AM
    Sound Profiles.

01-12-09 11:22 AM
    How does my sound profiles affect whether or not my phone sleeps... Thought the magnet was the cause and the storm has this feature w/o having to change it to lock upon holster

It dooes go black but completely in the holster the screen comes back on

I'm just trying to make sure this is not normal. I assume past the magnet it should stay asleep. The screen shouldn't come back on. Right?

And I've tried every combo of face in out etc. Same thing. Screen goes black bout half way in then turns back on in when fully in

01-12-09 11:31 AM
    How does my sound profiles affect whether or not my phone sleeps... Thought the magnet was the cause and the storm has this feature w/o having to change it to lock upon holster

It dooes go black but completely in the holster the screen comes back on

I'm just trying to make sure this is not normal. I assume past the magnet it should stay asleep. The screen shouldn't come back on. Right?

And I've tried every combo of face in out etc. Same thing. Screen goes black bout half way in then turns back on in when fully in

I have the exact setup you do, and my phone does not come back on when in the holster; I would say that is not normal.

Jody
    01-12-09 11:45 AM
    I have the Innocase II combo. I have no problem with the phone going to sleep.
    01-12-09 11:50 AM
    What do you mean by profiles?

How about go into Options | Password and set "Lock Handheld Upon Holstering" to YES.

01-12-09 12:04 PM
    Changing your profiles: I have a Curve, but this should be the same on your Storm.

Click on your profile icon > scroll down select advanced > select one you want example "Normal" > scroll to phone > now look at how you have "In Holster" and "Out of Holster" set to?

It might be set to None, hence the reason it is not funtioning
    01-12-09 12:47 PM
    Locking the phone when holstered is different than sleep mode. Sleep mode is not a security measure, but a battery saving measure only. Sleep mode is completely controlled by a magnet and isn't a function one sets independently. I'd send the holster back and get it replaced. It sounds as though there's a misplaced magnet or possibly two instead of one and it's causing the sleep mode to malfunction.
    01-12-09 12:51 PM
    Locking the phone when holstered is different than sleep mode. Sleep mode is not a security measure, but a battery saving measure only. Sleep mode is completely controlled by a magnet and isn't a function one sets independently. I'd send the holster back and get it replaced. It sounds as though there's a misplaced magnet or possibly two instead of one and it's causing the sleep mode to malfunction.
    Yea I don't want to lock the phone just have it conserve battery. Sounds like I need to send it back.

01-12-09 01:07 PM
    does the seidio horizontal case that comes with their innocase combo also have a sleeper magnet or is just the holster? thank you.
    01-17-09 12:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD