My CC was charged too. The last CSR I talked to, around 1pm, said that there was no tracking # on my order, but that I should call back tomorrow as it should be added then, that he was seeing that my order was processed and shipped.

I spoke to a CSR at around 11am, who gave me the standard shipped before 12/15 date.

Honestly, who knows, at this point. It seems that Verizon's systems could handle this many orders.. maybe they'll learn in the future.
    11-24-08 02:53 PM
    Orderd mine around 10:30 this morning from CS.
    She said it was "confirmed" and I will receive it tomorow!
    11-24-08 02:58 PM
    Hahaha, bullsh*t.
    11-24-08 03:00 PM
    Whatever...........lyin' a**
    11-24-08 03:08 PM
    Funny, I got another update from VZW ... they said that my order is "completed" but that "they don't have enough manpower to actually box the Storms with receipts, etc" and that's the hold-up for actually shipping it.

I asked if I'm on the backorder list, and she says no because my order has been charged. But again, they just don't have enough time to physically ship out these items.

I find it hard to believe ... Can you believe it?
    11-24-08 07:43 PM
    I just called the VZW internet service and the lady I got was pretty dumb. I couldn't understand her at all.

I ordered my storm at about 8:30 PM on Friday night. I understood that the cutoff for Tuesday delivery was supposedly 2 pm, and if you ordered it after that and before Saturday the cutoff was the 5th. If you ordered it on Saturday, the cutoff was the 15th.

I'm pretty sure I'm right and she's wrong. :| She told me that before the 2 pm cutoff=December 5th, which is obviously not the case. She said I won't be guaranteed until the 15th, but I'm pretty sure it's still the 5th. I was hoping to maybe get it earlier but we'll see.
    11-24-08 07:56 PM
    after reading all these posts, i'm starting to think i won't receive my storm until after 12/15.

i pre-ordered mine before friday with the corporate office. the representative went on to tell me that instead of waiting in line all day, i could order the storm through her, and it would arrive at my office with free shipping, the following tuesday (which is tomorrow). i immediately agreed. she went on to tell me that i would receive an email confirmation after it had been shipped.

saturday evening, i check my email, and there was no confirmation from verizon. i began to panic a little bit and called them. the lady told me that my order was placed on friday at 1400, and it will not be shipped until 12/05. i was dumbstruck.

the only thing that made me mad, was the fact that i had to call and find out myself. i think someone should have emailed me or called me to let me know.

other than that, i've never had any problems with verizon, ever. i'm even getting the storm for $99.99. (rebate and $100 voucher)

i guess some things are just worth waiting for. this will be my first blackberry, and i'm glad i found crackberry.com's blackberry 101. it's extremely helpful.
    11-24-08 08:11 PM
    I think that some of these CSR's are telling us what we want to hear and some of what we think we hear is really what we want to hear.
    IE; Second day air does not mean on your doorstep tomorrow!
    11-24-08 08:27 PM
    Verizon =
    11-24-08 08:30 PM
    I was thoroughly pissed to find out no one contacted me and did email a complaint letter to the manager of the rep who handled my order. I am going to try & get compensated for this. They should be giving everyone an additional $100 off after this nonsense!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 08:48 PM
    I ordered mine via online last Friday about 730pm and I got a shipping confirmation this afternoon around 11am that the FedEx picked it up and it will be at my house tomorrow b4 3pm. *fingers crossed*
    11-24-08 08:48 PM
    shipping details have been updated. if ordered on or after 11/22, it should ship no later than 12/8
    11-24-08 08:53 PM
    now it says shipdate is 12/15 now.. ugh..verizonn is pissing me off
    11-29-08 02:53 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD