Okay, so I got my original Storm in Mid-January. I actually liked this Storm quite a bit, however, I began experiencing the hardware issue where parts of the screen became hard to click. I decided to turn the phone in for warranty replacement. VZW told me that most of the Storm warranty replacement aren't even refurbished. Question 1: wondering if anybody knows if there is truth to this?

I am starting to notice differences between my new phone and my old. For example, the soft keys at the bottom of my phone are touchier than my first one. When I click on the back soft key in the browser, I sometimes get the message "Do you want to close the browser?" like I was holding it down instead of just clicking to go back. I get the same issue with the blackberry soft key. At home screen, when I click the blackberry soft key, it often brings up the switch panel instead of bringing up all my icons. Know what I mean? This is an intermittent problem and I can't always get it to replicate. Question 2: Should I be worried about this? Is this another hardware issue or software?

I didn't experience much random rebooting and random shutdowns with my first phone. With this one, I am getting them although in the last 24 hours after updating to .122 from Bell, I haven't gotten any. Does a new OS (even a leaked one) take time to adjust?

I guess I am just freaked out a little and wanted some opinions on my observations on the differences between my two phones. Should I continue to just give it time with this phone or do any of you think with what I've stated that I have cause to try for another phone?

Again, just hoping for some feedback. Thank.
    04-19-09 05:55 AM
    Two things. First, yes there is word on here that a new OS takes a day or two to settle in sometimes.

Second, you can change the sensitivity of your buttons. Go options, screen/keyboard, change the tap interval and hover period to slightly higher settings and you should see a difference.

I know it says touchscreen, but those settings have had a marked effect on the BB menu button on my phone. When set higher I almost never saw the switch application screen, with a lower setting, often even when I just want to open a menu I end up getting the switch application screen.
    04-19-09 06:08 AM
    1. Before your 30 days is up, you get a new Storm. After the 30 days, it will most likely be a refurb. I've had 3 replacements and all 3 have been refurbs.
    2. Hitting the hardware keys - for example the Blackberry key varies between Operating Systems. Changing the key click/timing settings within the BB Options has never changed the hardware keys for me. Should you be worrying about this? I don't.
    3. I have not experienced any Operating System 'taking time to adjust'. I have found .122 to be very stable - just like the other folks that have posted in the 'Leaked OS' thread.
    4. Should you try another phone? I don't know - if you think there is an issue with the one that you have and you won't be satisfied, then possibly - that's entirely your call. Based on what you've said in this thread though, I wouldn't be changing phones for any of the reasons you have listed.

Okay, so I got my original Storm in Mid-January. I actually liked this Storm quite a bit, however, I began experiencing the hardware issue where parts of the screen became hard to click. I decided to turn the phone in for warranty replacement. VZW told me that most of the Storm warranty replacement aren't even refurbished. Question 1: wondering if anybody knows if there is truth to this?

I am starting to notice differences between my new phone and my old. For example, the soft keys at the bottom of my phone are touchier than my first one. When I click on the back soft key in the browser, I sometimes get the message "Do you want to close the browser?" like I was holding it down instead of just clicking to go back. I get the same issue with the blackberry soft key. At home screen, when I click the blackberry soft key, it often brings up the switch panel instead of bringing up all my icons. Know what I mean? This is an intermittent problem and I can't always get it to replicate. Question 2: Should I be worried about this? Is this another hardware issue or software?

I didn't experience much random rebooting and random shutdowns with my first phone. With this one, I am getting them although in the last 24 hours after updating to .122 from Bell, I haven't gotten any. Does a new OS (even a leaked one) take time to adjust?

I guess I am just freaked out a little and wanted some opinions on my observations on the differences between my two phones. Should I continue to just give it time with this phone or do any of you think with what I've stated that I have cause to try for another phone?

Again, just hoping for some feedback. Thank.
    04-19-09 08:11 AM
    My menu key and back key are doing the same. Watching closely in my 30 days to see if needs replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 08:18 AM
    Thats so funny...got my replacement friday and my menu key doing same thing.......very weird to see others with same issue...can it be 122?
    04-19-09 09:17 AM
    i guess it could be 122... i didnt notice it until after i upgraded, but only used the phone for 2 days before jumping on 122
    04-19-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD