Is there a way to find out when tethering my phone to the vzaccess manager, What my user name and password would be?
    Here is what I want to do. I want to plug my phone into a kyocera router and run through my phone to the internet.
    05-10-09 09:06 PM
    Is there a way to find out when tethering my phone to the vzaccess manager, What my user name and password would be?
    Here is what I want to do. I want to plug my phone into a kyocera router and run through my phone to the internet.
    username: [email protected]
    password: YOURPHONENUMBER

*****If you are not on a tethering plan you will hit the "sign up for a tethering plan" screen*****

*****I would not advise tethering to more than one PC at a time as you will be pushing your 5GB data cap real fast.*****
    05-10-09 10:17 PM
    username: [email protected]
    password: YOURPHONENUMBER

*****If you are not on a tethering plan you will hit the "sign up for a tethering plan" screen*****

*****I would not advise tethering to more than one PC at a time as you will be pushing your 5GB data cap real fast.*****
    Thanks. I am actually trying to test a little something. The only internet I can get is hughes net and let me tell you that is one of the biggest jokes I have ever used.
    05-10-09 10:50 PM
    Thanks. I am actually trying to test a little something. The only internet I can get is hughes net and let me tell you that is one of the biggest jokes I have ever used.
    If you are in the US here is an semi affordable alternative to hughes net. WildBlue: High Speed Internet via Satellite - official website

My mom uses them as there is no high speed internet available a mile from the paved roads. Always seems to work pretty well for her. Her only gripe was the cost of the equipment 4 years ago. I think that she has it bundled with dishnetwork TV. Don't hold me to that though. Good luck with your experiment though.
    05-10-09 11:15 PM
    LOL, sorry to hear that you got sucked into the Hughes too! I started it when it was still Direcway and it was the pits. Where I was at the time, the only other option was 10 kbits/s dial-up (yeah, go do your laundry while a page loads!), and I ended up dealing with that and dumping the Hughes because the Hughes hardly ever worked at all. Unfortunately I couldn't get cell service there either.

A friend of mine went to Wild Blue after hearing my story and others about Hughes, and while he isn't exactly excited about it, it works fine for him.

Let us know how that works out! I know you can get special routers for the BB's, but if you can do it with what you have that would be cool! Good luck!

edit: Forgot to say that the last three months or so of Hughes I maybe got it to work for 3 or 4 days. It would basically only work when the weather was bad (go figure) and it would take a whole day to get it back online after being gone for several weeks at a time. When I dumped it they tried to collect the last month payment and I basically told them to eat me. They threatened me for several months, but eventually it went away before I had to get really nasty...lol! Only reason I kept it that long was so I could pay off the equipment that ended up going to the dump.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 05-10-09 at 11:31 PM. Reason: edit
    05-10-09 11:26 PM
    I understood that with the standard BB data plan was limited to 5G but if you added the teater plan you didnt have the limit, am i wrong about that?
    05-10-09 11:45 PM
    If you are in the US here is an semi affordable alternative to hughes net. WildBlue: High Speed Internet via Satellite - official website

My mom uses them as there is no high speed internet available a mile from the paved roads. Always seems to work pretty well for her. Her only gripe was the cost of the equipment 4 years ago. I think that she has it bundled with dishnetwork TV. Don't hold me to that though. Good luck with your experiment though.
    Dishnetwork is partnered with wild blue but it is not much of an alternative. Actually Wild blue sucks even more then hughes. You get slightly faster speed (2k upload) and you get less download a month (about 120mb) Also wild blue has to plug into your electric ground and because of that I can't get it either. From the dish to the ground and back to the modem has to be less then 100ft.

LOL, sorry to hear that you got sucked into the Hughes too! I started it when it was still Direcway and it was the pits. Where I was at the time, the only other option was 10 kbits/s dial-up (yeah, go do your laundry while a page loads!), and I ended up dealing with that and dumping the Hughes because the Hughes hardly ever worked at all. Unfortunately I couldn't get cell service there either.

A friend of mine went to Wild Blue after hearing my story and others about Hughes, and while he isn't exactly excited about it, it works fine for him.

Let us know how that works out! I know you can get special routers for the BB's, but if you can do it with what you have that would be cool! Good luck!

edit: Forgot to say that the last three months or so of Hughes I maybe got it to work for 3 or 4 days. It would basically only work when the weather was bad (go figure) and it would take a whole day to get it back online after being gone for several weeks at a time. When I dumped it they tried to collect the last month payment and I basically told them to eat me. They threatened me for several months, but eventually it went away before I had to get really nasty...lol! Only reason I kept it that long was so I could pay off the equipment that ended up going to the dump.
    I know exactly what you are saying chuck. I have had hughes since it was direcway also and it was unlimited download at that time. Wild blue is not any better. I had it also (when they came to the east coast) and was not any better. The only good thing about wild blue is you get to talk to American when calling tech support.
    Last edited by littleowl; 05-11-09 at 06:00 AM.
    05-11-09 05:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD