Has anyone who won the NYC Storm Grab heard or received anything? Does it look like we'll be last on line for storms due to the new ship dates?
    11-24-08 08:39 AM
    Has anyone who won the NYC Storm Grab heard or received anything? Does it look like we'll be last on line for storms due to the new ship dates?
    I posted their response to me about a week ago. I emailed the contact information on the card we all got.

They said that there was no way to expedite shipping, and that they would note that i wanted the tracking information.

Last monday, they said i should have the phone within three weeks. That was before the whole Verizon "Shortage" occurred. So i don't even know what is going to happen now. I did email them again to ask how the shortage would effect delivery time and they didn't respond. Bad CS if you aske me.

After watching all of this, why would i switch to Verizon?? Trash-Mobile has never let me down customer service wise....
    11-24-08 08:52 AM
    I got the same response when I emailed them last week as well. I was curious if anyone had asked them again. Thanks. I think I'm starting to really like my Bold. Guess we might not see our free Storms till the new year!!!! Really exciting promo wasn't it ;-). Well, at the very least hopefully there will be updates for the storm by the time we get them.
    11-24-08 09:26 AM
    Haha Actually i think it was exciting to do....

But as i said in my other post, i watched people who have been loyal verizon customers get stomped on and skipped to get to a new customer that would bring in fresh revenue. Great way to solidify a clientele...

It just showes that its a business. That all is fair in love, war... and business...
    11-24-08 09:37 AM
    I had also emailed them on friday and I just received a email it says...

Dear Daniel,

If you would like we could send a tracking number when we ship via UPS
    within the next 4 weeks. Please reply if you would like a tracking
    number sent to you....

So I replied and hopefully within the next 2 weeks(she said 4 but I'm praying for sooner) I will hear something from them with a tracking number.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 11:41 AM
    Yeah, i just got an email too. They said hopefully in 4 weeks...

Haha...
    11-24-08 11:51 AM
    I am so annoyed by this...granted, we might receive our devices with the updated software and bugs worked out, but I want it NOW! hahah....
    11-24-08 11:54 AM
    Yeah, i know what you mean. But the fact of the matter is that they don't even have them. They are a 3rd party company that is paid to promote the phone.

They did their part, Verizon needs to send them the prizes to be distributed!!!!
    11-24-08 12:12 PM
    I wish there was a way to expedite this process....I mean I shouldn't complain because it was free, but, if I didn't win won I would have just bought it anyway...and now, who knows when we will get them.
    11-24-08 12:16 PM
    I think at this point we contest winners are lucky to be given a chance to watch how other people react to the Storm and, as we all know, reactions have been mixed (that's being nice). So for me anyway, I'll enjoy my curve for a few more weeks, gauge others' reactions, and decide if I want to keep the thing or make an easy profit on it on scambay!
    11-24-08 12:20 PM
    Well, i wouldn't mind using it to find out my own opinion. I don't really care what the threads say, and how many people like/hate it haha...

I played with it for an hour in my local Verizon store, and know there are flaws, but nothing an OS upgrade won't fix. As far as longevity of the phone... you can only find out if you use one for a while!!!!
    11-24-08 12:25 PM
    agreed....I look at it as I have my curve, so if the phone is a disaster, I can always switch back and sell the storm on ebay and wait for whatever is next. However, as lilman said, I don't care what everyone else is saying! I just want to derive my own opinion on the device.

Bottom line...i am impatient!
    11-24-08 12:30 PM
    Bottom line...i am impatient!
    haha i second that one... I am really impatient!! ...
    11-24-08 12:39 PM
    Just received this email:

We should be getting phones soon. Please expect to receive your phone in the mail within the next 4 weeks.

I am sure next week they will say it is 6 weeks away!!
    11-24-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD