Are the storms being ordered now any better than what was first released? I am due for my upgrade, but don't wanna upgrade to a phone with problems. Now other than playing with a storm for about an hour in the store, the only other comments I have heard are from this site. And they seem to be more bad then good,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 02:29 AM
    I got my storm release day but have had it replaced a few times but as far as I know there are significantly less hardware problems such as the screen click issue but were still waiting for a new official software update because .75 isn't as good as most people need it to be. There are several UNofficial software leaks but lots of people are known to have lots of problems with them but for some it works perfectly... I guess it's just a matter of chance
    01-25-09 02:35 AM
    Well the storm (I think) has good potential. Some come with problems, I changed my phone twice, and had 4 storms in my house at one time, because I kept calling Verizon because they sent me bad phones, lol.

I would say that you should probably wait a little see what comes out on the forums about it, and it looks like RIM is really working on fixing the storm OS.
    01-25-09 02:44 AM
    I'm on my 3rd Storm, the 1st one had a clickscreen problem and the 2nd one got damaged because I had it on a shelf in the bathroom while taking a shower and somehow the steam got underneath the touchscreen and damaged it. This 3rd one has been great. I've even installed the leaked .90 os and it's been the best unofficial os for me yet. My phone is much faster, the camera is faster and it's been very stable for me. I know that with time and software upgrades, the Storm will be unbeatable.
    01-25-09 02:49 AM
    I just got my first replacement due to a click screen issue and it's working great! I am very happy with it. It still seems like the luck of the draw though, but so far w/ my replacement it's so much better than my first one. (unfortunately I don't know the date of the replacement)
    01-25-09 02:54 AM
    Thanks all. I am in no hurry to give up. My 8330, so maybe I will just hold off a bit.

01-25-09 02:59 AM
    I got mine on the 11th and have not needed to replace it.

01-25-09 08:44 AM
    I purchased one on the first day of release. Same phone...no issues. Things are going great. Now that I've said that.....watch it happen.
    01-25-09 09:19 AM
    Got mine on Jan. 16. No problems so far. I love it!
    Last edited by tasims; 01-25-09 at 09:37 AM.
    01-25-09 09:32 AM
    My original (order 11/21) was by far the best of the 5 I have had (3 for me, 2 for my Pops).

The replacement (brown box) from Canada I received last week was complete junk. The screen clunked instead of clicked.

The replacement (retail) I got yesterday is pretty good (close to my original).

So, like it has been said, the QC with these is a bit poor. There are PLENTY of good phones out there, though, so DON'T settle for a lemon.

It would seem that the retail stores (VZW) are starting to have "new" phones in stock, so I would start there and ask to see the phone before I swapped one out.
    01-25-09 09:37 AM
    IMO, the newer production Storms are more likely to be good ones. The first ones that were released seem to have more issues, like poorly clicking screens. But there are many older ones that are fine, as you'll read in this forum. Some people bought theirs on the first day and have had no issues at all and some who bought recently made ones with problems. Its hit and miss...
    01-25-09 11:35 AM
    Got mine december 18th. Running about as good as they do from what I hear. Haven't replaced it and still running .75. Put a small felt dot on the back of my battery cover and clicking seems perfect. Battery is a little shorter than I like but hoping software update will correct that.

Also, made in mexico.

01-25-09 11:47 AM
    With the return policy why not try it out? Also I agree the newer ones seem to not be having as many problems if any.
    01-25-09 12:55 PM
    on thrid strom keep fingers crossed but after reading good info from oher crackberry fans my phone is woking great. just fixed screen click problem by loosing bolts in back with a torx-T6 works 50X beter than strom with hard screen click!
    01-25-09 12:57 PM
    ive had mine since release and never had to replace it.
    01-25-09 01:06 PM
    Got mine early January (made in Mexico) and have absolutely no problems with it. Got it from Best Buy... It's a super device! And I'm actually typing pretty quick on it too. I like the Bold, super fast. But to me it's like a super big, fast, updated Curve. (Been there.)
    01-25-09 03:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD