So i was wondering why my memory only runs at an average of 25mbs. I have seen it run as low as 256kbs. Other people have reported their memory at 44mbs. The highest i have seen my BB run is 37mbs. Wtf? I have never seen my memory that high. Can some one explain? Or does this even matter?

.113/.114 Hybrid
    03-15-09 03:09 PM
    how many apps/themes do you have installed? How many contacts? Do you close your apps, or just escape them?

One of the major flaws in BB is not allowing for installation of programs/themes to a memory card, or in the case of the Storm, to the internal memory. It severely limits the usefulness of otherwise good devices.
    03-15-09 03:15 PM
    I only have the general 5 apps running in the task manager. Browser, phone, berry messenger , messages , home screen. I use the basic glass kryptonite superman theme. even with original theme it still runs with these memory levels. I dont have many contacts, i keep all my Sms and emails deleted. I close all my apps. I know most everything about my storm, just not about the memory levels, My phone doesnt act weird unless it goes down to 5mbs.I do have alot of pointless apps, but they are fun to show off. I have deleted every application that i dont use.
    Last edited by bbstorm_sciontc; 03-15-09 at 03:26 PM.
    03-15-09 03:20 PM
    The OS was written by monkeys, hence it has a fairly large memory leak.
    03-15-09 03:31 PM
    I have to agree, but its getting better slowly but surely.
    03-15-09 03:34 PM
    I have to agree, but its getting better slowly but surely.
    Well that's proof of Evolution
    03-15-09 03:35 PM
    I usually have 55MB on start up and hold between 40-46MB usually. However I use the blackberry master control program to remove voice activated dialing and preloaded wallpapers. However I wouldn't worry about app memory unless your performance starts to suffer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 03:38 PM
    Maybe i have one from a bad batch, i bought it when it first came out. Maybe i should smash it, and use my insurance for once to get another one. I have a cracked screen, you think the memory is leaking from there? Lol, only joking.
    03-15-09 03:42 PM
    I usually have 55MB on start up and hold between 40-46MB usually. However I use the blackberry master control program to remove voice activated dialing and preloaded wallpapers. However I wouldn't worry about app memory unless your performance starts to suffer.

This may be a dumb question. how do i delete those, and if i delete my voice activated calling. will that mess up bluetooth voice calling.
    03-15-09 03:46 PM
    Quickpull helps to keep the memory up...mine resets every night, I run A LOT of apps and keep A LOT SMS/MMS and Emails. The reset keeps the phone running smooth as butta
    03-15-09 03:49 PM

What is the blackberry master control app? Any link?
    03-16-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD