Hey everyone... This is my first post so I hope I did it right. I searched for this problem but couldn't seem to find anything.

I just downloaded the new OS from Verizon. Everything is working great except for when I restart my phone. Once it restarts it gets stuck at the icon screen and its like the blackberry button keeps getting pushed down. For example it will highlight my SMS texts and the menu pops up then move cursor then menu that says complete move then repeat all over again. I hit the end button a million times and after a good minute or two my phone is back to normal. Also when my phone is not bugging out, I would go into my texts or bbm and its like the menu button was hit as soon as I open it.

Idk if I explained it right but hopefully you guys understand what I'm trying to say. thanks guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 09:59 PM
    You may have a defective phone, it doesnt sound like a software issue and is sounding like a hardware issue. Pull your battery and hold down the escape/backspace key and put the battery back in. Boots to safe mode. See if that fixes it.

If it doesnt (and probably wont) its your phone in my opinion.
    10-27-09 10:09 PM
    Hey everyone... This is my first post so I hope I did it right. I searched for this problem but couldn't seem to find anything.

I just downloaded the new OS from Verizon. Everything is working great except for when I restart my phone. Once it restarts it gets stuck at the icon screen and its like the blackberry button keeps getting pushed down. For example it will highlight my SMS texts and the menu pops up then move cursor then menu that says complete move then repeat all over again. I hit the end button a million times and after a good minute or two my phone is back to normal. Also when my phone is not bugging out, I would go into my texts or bbm and its like the menu button was hit as soon as I open it.

Idk if I explained it right but hopefully you guys understand what I'm trying to say. thanks guys

What 3rd party apps do you have? Might you have StopTilt installed on your phone?
    10-27-09 10:17 PM
    Yes I do. Could that be the culprit? I also have berrybuzz, viigo, ubertwitter, facebook, and youtube

10-27-09 10:33 PM
    I've heard that StopTilt can cause that problem. I recommend uninstalling it. Then do a battery pull.
    10-27-09 10:38 PM
    It worked! Thank you so much

10-27-09 10:49 PM
    It worked! Thank you so much

You are welcome, I'm glad I could help.
    10-27-09 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD