I'm a former Windows Mobile user that has moved to the Storm (yea!)...

There are a number of mobile sites I used to go to - I think they were designed for windows mobile.... like Rotoworld would have a mobile device site that I would automatically get redirected to...

This isn't happening with the BB... can someone enlighten me as to why not, and what I have to do (if it is a setting change or something like that) to be able to access these sites???

Thanks!
    11-24-08 06:12 PM
    Try putting wap. infront of the address. I always use dubya dubya dubya dot mobile9 dot com- for all of the stuff i need for my bb. Hope this helps
    11-24-08 07:12 PM
    some sites support redirecting based on the browser setting you have selected.

If you open the browser then hit the blackberry button on button click options then go to browser configuration there is a drop down half way down the screen that says "browser identification"

Its defaulted to blackberry you can also select a couple others set it to blackberry and see if this helps you

otherwise a ton of sites I have come across there mobile url is wap.site.com

or something like that which you could bookmark and use to get to the wap version of the site

Hope this helps.
    11-24-08 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD