Ive been reading that if you delete it it makes your device faster but i was wondering if the program is actualy even useful? or is their a better application out their. Because i believe you need to pay for it am i right? So would it be good for me to delete it or will it done anything to the phone?
    11-28-08 11:01 PM
    If you don't want to pay the $10/month for it then delete it same goes with the visual voice mail, if you don't want to pay the $3/month then delete it. Your phone will be much faster. You can still use Google Maps and BB Maps. You will need to make sure the GPS (Options> Advanced Options > GPS) is set to Location On and not E911 Only if you want to use either one of these programs.
    11-28-08 11:05 PM
    its a good program because it uses aGPS which gives a more accurate location. Ppl have said that its really useful and works well
    11-28-08 11:08 PM
    So are their better applications that do similar things as the Vz Navigator?
    11-28-08 11:11 PM
    [QUOTE=Clover86;1068895]Your phone will be much faster. /QUOTE]
    If Navigator is not running, how can it slow down the phone. Has anyone tested this theory? Thanks!
    11-28-08 11:15 PM
    Well personally Im not sure if BB Maps or Google Maps will give you turn by turn directions like VZ Nav. I don't need it simply because I have a stand alone GPS and a can not bring myself to essentially rent one. You can buy a stand alone one this time a year for under $150 and after about a year it would have paid for itself. Just my two cents though.
    11-28-08 11:15 PM
    If Navigator is not running, how can it slow down the phone. Has anyone tested this theory? Thanks!
    Yes because it still is taking up space as a program that the phone would otherwise use. Do a search, it has been discussed numerous times.
    11-28-08 11:17 PM
    I use vzNAV and love it. I have seen no performance difference from before I installed it to now.
    11-28-08 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD