I have a question about how my Storm works and is supposed to work with the Blackberry desktop cradle.

Before I upgraded to .148 software from the factory installed OS, my Storm would automatically switch to speakerphone when it was receiving a phone call while in the cradle. Now that I have upgraded, not only does it not switch to speaker phone, it does not usually even ring. Today I actually got a call, and not only did it ring, but it used a diffderent ringtone than I have set to be used.

Does anyone have similar experiences? I hope that this is not a repetitive question. I have looked in the archives, but did not find anything on this topic.

Thanks in advance.

TONY
    07-07-09 03:21 PM
    Is your cradle plugged into the wall or your PC? Also, is your "normal" ringtone a custom one saved on your mem card?
    07-07-09 03:34 PM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The cradle is plugged into my Windows Vista PC, and my ringtone is a custom one saved to the memory card.

TONY
    07-08-09 10:39 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The cradle is plugged into my Windows Vista PC, and my ringtone is a custom one saved to the memory card.

TONY
    is because when plugged into your pc, the memory card is 'busy' as it is being used by the computer. If you plugged into a wall outlet that would take care of the ringtone issue
    07-08-09 10:48 AM
    Ah- that makes total sense to me. It used to be the case that when the phone was sideways in the cradle (connected and powered via USB to my windows Vista machine) that the phone would ring my custom ringtone, and if I answered the call without removing the phone from the cradle it would put itself automatically in speakerphone mode. That is no longer the case. Not a big deal to me- I was just wondering if it's just my phone, or if it's a common issue, or perhaps I have a setting wrong...

Either way- thanks!

TONY
    07-10-09 02:54 PM
    you can 'fix' it i think by going options>memory>mass storage mode(says either prompt or yes) no>save then try
    07-10-09 03:22 PM
    The ringtone issue does not bother me as much as the fact that the phone no longer goes into speakerphone mode when in the cradle.

Thank you again for your help.

TONY
    07-10-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD