If i buy a Storm without a contract at full retail price, will Verizon unlock it or do i need to have service with them?
    12-28-08 01:06 PM
    verizon will not unlock it, you will need a service plan from them in order to use the phone...but there are ways to unlock the phone yourself, search the forums for unlocking tips
    12-28-08 01:07 PM
    I think they will. But that's $500. Ouch.

i believe it's actually cheaper to buy one with the contract and then pay the early termination fee, and then get it unlocked to just buy it outright.
    12-28-08 01:08 PM
    They will not unlock it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 01:08 PM
    Yeah, they won't unlock it unless it's currently active on a Verizon plan.
    12-28-08 01:45 PM
    I think they will. But that's $500. Ouch.

i believe it's actually cheaper to buy one with the contract and then pay the early termination fee, and then get it unlocked to just buy it outright.
    Not if you have little credit and are required a $400 deposit to start service! haha! Thanx guys tho for the quick answers and tips. I've searched around the forum and found some great solutions for unlocking.

=]
    12-29-08 12:22 AM
    Not if you have little credit and are required a $400 deposit to start service! haha! Thanx guys tho for the quick answers and tips. I've searched around the forum and found some great solutions for unlocking.

=]
    just wait for the 9520 atleast then you will have wifi and 3g with your TMO service.
    12-29-08 12:26 AM
    just wait for the 9520 atleast then you will have wifi and 3g with your TMO service.
    the 9520 will not work on T-Mobile's 3G due to the lack of AWS 1700. Besides 3G isnt a big deal for me because it isnt in my area yet and I dont see it coming to my city anytime soon. I am content with T-Mobile EDGE speeds.

And as for the WiFi, its useless to me without UMA.
    12-29-08 12:44 AM
    i have storm now and i have plan with vzw. does it mean i can go to vzw store now and ask for the unlock code? i have an overseas SIM to test it out if necessary...
    12-29-08 12:58 AM
    i have storm now and i have plan with vzw. does it mean i can go to vzw store now and ask for the unlock code? i have an overseas SIM to test it out if necessary...

you dont need to go to a VZW store, simply call Customer Service, tell them you will be travelling overseas and they should give you the unlock code.
    12-29-08 01:23 AM
    They will not sell a phone if it does not leave activated. In other words you need to get service in order to buy a storm. And good luck getting one full retail other than direct fullfilment. I would get a friend who has verizon and just use their account to buy it.
    12-29-08 01:26 AM
    They will not sell a phone if it does not leave activated. In other words you need to get service in order to buy a storm. And good luck getting one full retail other than direct fullfilment. I would get a friend who has verizon and just use their account to buy it.
    well there are other places to get a Storm from other than Verizon.
    12-29-08 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD