Hey all, like the topic suggests, I have a question about the bluetooth sapping the battery. I've had my bluetooth turned off on my phone since I've had no reason for it to be on. Today I just got my parrot installed in my car (Works and sounds great! All my contacts synced no problem) so I turn my bluetooth on when I get into the car and off when I get out of it.

My question is, when the bluetooth option on the phone is enabled and not connected to anything, does it have any effect on the battery? Or does it just drain more battery when the phone is connected to something via bluetooth.

Thanks mates, cheers!
    01-12-09 07:41 PM
    Yes, it does drain the battery. Think of it this way....if your phone is on but not making a call, screen off, does that take away from the batter life? Yes. Bluetooth is another radio that is looking for a connection as well. It's going to have more of an effect when it's connected to a bluetooth device, but it will still have an effect when not connected.
    01-12-09 07:44 PM
    Got it. Thanks. Guess i'll just turn it on whenever I get in the car

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 07:54 PM
    Yes, it does drain the battery. Think of it this way....if your phone is on but not making a call, screen off, does that take away from the batter life? Yes. Bluetooth is another radio that is looking for a connection as well. It's going to have more of an effect when it's connected to a bluetooth device, but it will still have an effect when not connected.
    Excellent answer niubeav!
    01-13-09 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD