Question..and as a tech support rep I should know this but having no luck.

I have a Pioneer avh-p4000DVD which I just got installed. I have successfully paired my 9530 to it to make calls, registered it for 1 button push connecting, and even paired it to play Slacker and music from my memory card. But for the life of me, can not get it to push my contact list from my Storm.

The Pioneer menu has me "start" the push, and then I push the contacts from the BT menu on my Storm, but instead of any data transfer it disconnects the pairing.

Anyone have a solution?
    03-05-09 08:33 PM
    when you try to push contacts through any phone it has to reinitiate the connection using a different BT profile.

is it possible to not have the bt on the stereo connect in advance?
    03-05-09 11:58 PM
    Question..and as a tech support rep I should know this but having no luck.

I have a Pioneer avh-p4000DVD which I just got installed. I have successfully paired my 9530 to it to make calls, registered it for 1 button push connecting, and even paired it to play Slacker and music from my memory card. But for the life of me, can not get it to push my contact list from my Storm.

The Pioneer menu has me "start" the push, and then I push the contacts from the BT menu on my Storm, but instead of any data transfer it disconnects the pairing.

Anyone have a solution?
    wow, i think i have the same pioneer but cd player, with blue tooth, well i lost my mic, so i never really tried to use it for phone calls
    so anyhow, i may try and see what i can do,

in the other hand, i was wondering, when you use it, as a BT Audio, so you can hear your audio and video files to your car speakers, does it show any information about the audio file ? like the name of the file ?

mine didn't, but i didn't really put an effort on that yet, with other major storm improving performance issues
    03-06-09 04:14 AM
    when you try to push contacts through any phone it has to reinitiate the connection using a different BT profile.

is it possible to not have the bt on the stereo connect in advance?
    Now when I connect my Storm to any BT device, it auto connects voice, remote, and stereo..any way to disable some of the properties?
    03-06-09 06:53 AM
    Now when I connect my Storm to any BT device, it auto connects voice, remote, and stereo..any way to disable some of the properties?
    i suppose you could try setting incoming security to deny on your blackberry and try to push it from the BB then.
    03-06-09 04:11 PM
    I had the same problem with my Pioneer AVIC-D3. It would lock up basically when trying to transfer my contacts. I had to disable all of the bluetooth profiles, except for data transfer, to get it to work. After the transfer was completed, I turned the profiles back on. This can be accomplished in options > bluetooth > BB button > Options. Just scroll down and disable the unused services.
    03-06-09 04:50 PM
    I had the same problem with my Pioneer AVIC-D3. It would lock up basically when trying to transfer my contacts. I had to disable all of the bluetooth profiles, except for data transfer, to get it to work. After the transfer was completed, I turned the profiles back on. This can be accomplished in options > bluetooth > BB button > Options. Just scroll down and disable the unused services.
    Terrahawk...you are the MAN!!! I bow down to you!!!

That worked!!! I disabeled all BT profiles except Handsfree and Data Transfer. You have to allow either handsfree, headset, or a/v remote for the transport protocol. I figured handsfree would be best. Started the transfer on the Pioneer's end, then started the Storm and it FINALLY transferred!

Thank you so much!
    03-06-09 09:35 PM
    I like that deck... too bad the 80s vettes have a proprietary bose system
    03-06-09 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD