not because i hate it; but because i didnt want it to hit the floor....
    12-05-08 12:28 PM
    how did that work out for you?
    12-05-08 12:29 PM
    how did that work out for you?
    rolled into the endzone for a touchback. FAIL
    12-05-08 12:30 PM
    hope you dont kick like "The Boy" aka Wayne Rooney

Time for insurance claim...
    12-05-08 12:31 PM

That's funny, I did the same thing my first drop, I was major paranoid since I just got it and had no protection yet, stuck my foot out on instinct, bounced off the top of my shoe and was a much gentler landing...
    12-05-08 12:33 PM

That's funny. I do it all the time. Not with this phone yet though. Puts some good scratches on it. This technique also works well with beer bottles, coke cans, remote controls and small pets.
    12-05-08 12:35 PM
    ya i have a hard case so it did not get messed up. I bought the hard plastic one from Verizon along with a screen protector. Great investments
    12-05-08 12:38 PM
    That's funny. I do it all the time. Not with this phone yet though. Puts some good scratches on it. This technique also works well with beer bottles, coke cans, remote controls and small pets.

it does not work so well with knives, computers, bricks, or fine china. no, i won't tell where i got this plethora of knowledge, so don't ask.
    12-05-08 12:39 PM
    This thread actually made me laugh. I've done the same exact thing with previous phones. Thankfully I haven't dropped my Storm.
    12-05-08 12:41 PM
    Did the boot trick once myself, would have probably done better dropping it in the grass than the boot i gave it to the driveway. But have not done it to the Storm (he says while crossing his fingers).
    12-05-08 12:43 PM
    good stuff
    12-05-08 04:00 PM
    If I didn't have a silicone case on this baby, I'd be doing NFL on this thing every so often too.
    12-05-08 04:06 PM
    Brilliant!

One thing though, i WANT to use a hard case or silicon case, but i have been using the belt clip leather pouch and they dont go together.

How are you people carrying your storm? I assume since you are using cases and silicone cases, that its not in the leather pouch.

In your pocket?

I used to do this, but got so much crap all over the phone, under the skin, under the screen, lint and tobacco in the sd card slot, etc.
    12-05-08 04:11 PM
    i tried to catch mine as it fell and ended up throwing it practically. No physical damage but i went from having a good screen to needing the paper trick

I don't mind though, i'm getting my replacement in the next few weeks for another issue...basically this is my test storm no...probably gonna apply my GA to it to see how to do it then i'm probably gonna get phantomskinz for my replacement.
    12-05-08 04:39 PM
    Brilliant!

One thing though, i WANT to use a hard case or silicon case, but i have been using the belt clip leather pouch and they dont go together.

How are you people carrying your storm? I assume since you are using cases and silicone cases, that its not in the leather pouch.

In your pocket?

I used to do this, but got so much crap all over the phone, under the skin, under the screen, lint and tobacco in the sd card slot, etc.

When it becomes available soon, I will be doing what I have done with my Pearl. Seidio Innocase and Seidio leather belt case(not the Verizon or Blackberry brand). The Seidio leather belt case/holster is made to hold the BB either with their Innocase (thin plastic case) or without. I use both and it has worked great. Some think using the case is overkill with the holster but the case is VERY THIN and you have protection in case of dropping the phone after removing the phone from the holster. Highly recommended!
    12-05-08 04:51 PM
    yea that damn innocase combo needs to hurry up, i want it now! LOL
    12-05-08 04:52 PM
    hard cases are the way to go.

hard case and screen protector FTW!
    12-05-08 05:24 PM
    I've been wondering the same thing! With the currently-available holsters you can't use a skin or anything thicker than Ghost Armor, so there's no shock protection for those of us with "dropsy." Even a shirt pocket doesn't work well (many accidental presses, so I have to lock the phone). My interim Verizon silicone skin comes with a warning it'll tear if taken on and off, which is a drag since it's too thick for the dock.

How are people managing until Seido comes out with their skin and holster?
    12-08-08 07:03 PM
    I bought a silicone case for my Storm, but the thing attracts lint and dust like a magnet, and it was actually difficult accessing the side buttons with it, as well as a pain when wanting to remove the battery. So I said the heck with it!

I saw the hard case from Verizon and just said no. I would think that it would make the Storm bulkier than it is. Let's face it -- this beauty shouldn't be covered up!

If it falls it falls. If it gets scratched, it gets scratched. All the more reason to upgrade when Storm II comes out!

Nude Storm FTW!
    12-08-08 07:19 PM
    For some reason I came to this thread thinking another f'n person is complaining. Turns out as many of you know that this is a funny story. Glad to hear things turned out ok so far.
    12-08-08 08:11 PM
    When it becomes available soon, I will be doing what I have done with my Pearl. Seidio Innocase and Seidio leather belt case(not the Verizon or Blackberry brand). The Seidio leather belt case/holster is made to hold the BB either with their Innocase (thin plastic case) or without. I use both and it has worked great. Some think using the case is overkill with the holster but the case is VERY THIN and you have protection in case of dropping the phone after removing the phone from the holster. Highly recommended!
    Seidio rocks! I used the innocase combo on my treo 755p and loved it!
    12-08-08 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD