Can anyone tell me based on their opinion
    what are some of the pros and cons of the phone?
    09-07-09 12:03 PM
    Well its basically all personal experience, everyone is going to say somthing different, and me personally I have not had any major issues with my storm just some minor issues with the camera/video but that can be fixed with an OS upgrade I just dont wanna do one
    So Im guessing your looking at getting one and the only thing that I can suggest to you is that if you really want the storm and like the touch screen factor you should wait untill the odin (storm 2) comes out.
    09-07-09 12:13 PM
    I really like my storm.. However, I really like my wife's Tour. I would definitely wait for the Storm 2. I will look forward to trying it out for 30 days and see if its any better than the 9530..
    09-07-09 12:25 PM
    Well the only thing that lacks the storm 9530 is wifi, which was the biggest downfall for me. I dont have a data plan since my dad doesnt want me to get it.
    09-07-09 12:48 PM
    its a great device as long as you take the time and learn how to use it. Its also at a great price right now.
    09-07-09 12:51 PM
    Pros: Large screen, no fussy trackball, great media device, sturdy batt cover, click screen is great for typing (just an opinion)

Cons: Without recent OS upgrades tends to be buggy, during calls face may mute phone(not with recent upgrades), battery life not the best.
    09-07-09 01:07 PM
    Well the only thing that lacks the storm 9530 is wifi, which was the biggest downfall for me. I dont have a data plan since my dad doesnt want me to get it.
    your dad doenst want you to get it? How old are you?
    09-07-09 01:25 PM
    I love my Storm. Only big issue is the learning curve. Once you get passed that it's home free. Had some minor issues and the last upgrade and everyone here at Crackberry got .e past those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 01:49 PM
    your dad doenst want you to get it? How old are you?
    im 17, data plans are like 35 bucks lol
    09-07-09 02:05 PM
    im 17, data plans are like 35 bucks lol
    If you were my kid you'd be lucky to have computer access, let alone a Storm. No way I'd give a kid a way to get total access to the internet without adult supervision. I'm not flaming you, I can understand why you want one but you're too young.
    09-07-09 02:14 PM
    If you were my kid you'd be lucky to have computer access, let alone a Storm. No way I'd give a kid a way to get total access to the internet without adult supervision. I'm not flaming you, I can understand why you want one but you're too young.
    Im one of those guilty parents. I gave my son a curve
    09-07-09 02:16 PM
    Im one of those guilty parents. I gave my son a curve
    Well, don't feel bad IF I had a kid he probably wouldn't get even a cell phone. I didn't have a cell phone when I was a kid, don't know why they need one today. Heck I was lucky to have a dime for the friggen pay phone. That's what I said, a dime. Didn't need one for "an emergency." Texting? Unheard of. We actually called each other on the home phone and talked to each other.

I also wouldn't make a good parent which is why I don't have kids.

Anyway at least you didn't give him a Storm. Yet.
    09-07-09 02:27 PM
    really theres many pro's and con's. the best thing to do is go to a vzw store and play with one. everyone is different! i personally love my curve and storm the same. however the touch screen isnt for daily use with me...i need buttons. and with the os updates the storm works really well!

and as for being 17 with a blackberry...at that age i had a cell phone but i also started working when i was 14! so if ya want data do the right thing and pay for it yourself=D
    09-07-09 05:36 PM
    With the initial release of the phone I would've said: if you want to be a power user, you are going to have to be into research and messing with operating systems...

Now? Well .148 is so far ahead of the initial operating system, all I can say is it boils down to: do you want a touchscreen? or do you want a hard keyboard.
    09-07-09 06:00 PM
    also, that's a big NEGATORY on 'waiting' for the Storm 2. Unless you just can't afford it, there is NO REASON to deny yourself the best Smartphone experience available to mankind right now.
    09-07-09 06:04 PM
    you can't get a smartphone on verizon without a data plan.
    09-07-09 06:16 PM
    Pros; Nice large screen, Sure press is nice and in my opinion makes typing easier then iPhone, Nice speaker, Great camera, 3.5mm Headset jack, SIM card for other countries, Has a potential to be better then it is, Battery life is good

Cons; Mediocre OS, Either HATE or Love sure press; No Wifi; Dust gets in screen; Hinda heavy; Many OS problems but they are being fixed in the future.

Very nice device and has potential but i would wait for storm 2. the wifi and the better sure press will definitely be better. More RAM too!!
    09-07-09 08:27 PM
    you can't get a smartphone on verizon without a data plan.
    haha yeah i just read that too....
    09-07-09 08:28 PM
    Can anyone tell me based on their opinion
    what are some of the pros and cons of the phone?
    Well, I've owned Storm 9530 approaching two weeks. Here's my opinion:

It looks pretty. That's a pro.

However, I'm returning it to the store tomorrow morning. That's another Pro. They let you return it within the month.

The cons are that it's buggy. I bought it this month, with os version 4.7.0.148, and gave it the opportunity for any available upgrades. Yet, it develops typing delays, applications hang and it eventually freezes. I've found the OS to be absolutely terrible.

Now, I'm not a "power user" of these things where I text at lightening speed. So don't expect that would be a reason for the hangs and delays that build throughout the day. I'm quite a bit slower at using it, so I wouldn't expect to over-power the os.

In my use of the phone, reading/sending short emails, a very small amount of browsing, and a little Blackberry Messenger use, I've had to pull the battery waaaaaaay too much to get the phone to work. There hasn't been a day where I haven't had to pull the battery at least one time. Usually, I've had to do it anywehre from 2 to 3 times each day to reboot the system. That's unacceptable performance to me.

So, this phone is going back and I don't know if I'm going to get another Blackberry. I had a Blackberry in early 2000, but I found it's email capabilities cumbersome. It didn't last long with me. Now I found the email easy to use when I wasn't pulling the battery, but the OS is buggy. I'll just have to take a harder look at my options tomorrow.

So, that's my take on the Storm.
    09-07-09 08:36 PM
    ^^wow.

2 to 3 times a day huh? I hardly ever have to pull mine on 148. I usually use it until the battery runs down to 30% or so, and then swap batteries, because I can't charge mine as active as I am, and I don't hardly ever get any lockups... and I'm a super-power-user (many many apps running constantly throughout the day and lots of calls and texting).

I couldn't be happier with a handheld device unless it performed obscene acts of gratification on me.
    09-08-09 04:24 AM
    Well, I've owned Storm 9530 approaching two weeks. Here's my opinion:

It looks pretty. That's a pro.

However, I'm returning it to the store tomorrow morning. That's another Pro. They let you return it within the month.

The cons are that it's buggy. I bought it this month, with os version 4.7.0.148, and gave it the opportunity for any available upgrades. Yet, it develops typing delays, applications hang and it eventually freezes. I've found the OS to be absolutely terrible.

Now, I'm not a "power user" of these things where I text at lightening speed. So don't expect that would be a reason for the hangs and delays that build throughout the day. I'm quite a bit slower at using it, so I wouldn't expect to over-power the os.

In my use of the phone, reading/sending short emails, a very small amount of browsing, and a little Blackberry Messenger use, I've had to pull the battery waaaaaaay too much to get the phone to work. There hasn't been a day where I haven't had to pull the battery at least one time. Usually, I've had to do it anywehre from 2 to 3 times each day to reboot the system. That's unacceptable performance to me.

So, this phone is going back and I don't know if I'm going to get another Blackberry. I had a Blackberry in early 2000, but I found it's email capabilities cumbersome. It didn't last long with me. Now I found the email easy to use when I wasn't pulling the battery, but the OS is buggy. I'll just have to take a harder look at my options tomorrow.

So, that's my take on the Storm.
    You do know that there has been at least 4 or 5 operating systems that have come out that are newer than .148 right?
    09-08-09 01:49 PM
    its a great device as long as you take the time and learn how to use it. Its also at a great price right now.
    dead on. the blackberry storm has the biggest learning curve of any phone ive ever used (excluding the omnia and vx6900).

One con: no flickscrolling!!! this annoys me so much that im not gonna buy the $5 application that doesn't even work on all flickable surfaces.
    Two con: camera is very slow. when you go to take a picture, it'll take you 2.5-3 seconds for the picture to be taken. But the picture is very nice if the image was not moving
    Three con: you can only press one button as once due to there being only one "trackball" under the screen. therefore it is tough to text fast or type up an email.

PROS: quite literally everything else. the newest operating system is very cool and much faster than the first one. there are a pretty wide variety of applications that are free, as well as ones you can pay for. the screen works great, plenty of blackberry ringtones already on the phone, and there is even a GSM version of it. OH!!! and i LOVE where the micro sd card slot is located under the "hood". It's very easy to slide the card in and out and much easier to access than the way dumbphones and other smartphones do it where it's spring loaded.
    09-08-09 03:21 PM
    You do know that there has been at least 4 or 5 operating systems that have come out that are newer than .148 right?
    im running .167 brilliantly
    09-08-09 03:24 PM
    Pros: Large crisp screen, updated (and better) native browser

Cons: memory management leaves much to be desired
    09-08-09 03:41 PM
    Pro= Having it
    Con= Not having it.
    09-08-09 04:24 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD