When you add pauses and waits to a number in your phonebook, is there a way to activate the speakerphone once the call is made? The speakerphone button is partially covered by the prompt enable the phone to dial the next part of your number with the embedded waits.

For example, I embed a wait and my PIN to access my VM. Enter the phone application, go to the speed dial, press and hold 1, and it dials my number. Then the prompt appears to auto dial the PIN. But the prompt disables my ability to activate the speaker phone.

How can I activate it other than waiting until I have finished with the embedded waits?
    03-09-09 09:40 AM
    Haven't had a problem with that. I just press Speaker and go. Tho I prefer to wait for my pin to be entered before broadcasting it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 10:24 AM
    When you add pauses and waits to a number in your phonebook, is there a way to activate the speakerphone once the call is made? The speakerphone button is partially covered by the prompt enable the phone to dial the next part of your number with the embedded waits.

For example, I embed a wait and my PIN to access my VM. Enter the phone application, go to the speed dial, press and hold 1, and it dials my number. Then the prompt appears to auto dial the PIN. But the prompt disables my ability to activate the speaker phone.

How can I activate it other than waiting until I have finished with the embedded waits?
    You don't have to put in a wait for your voice mail, it will automatically add a 3 second pause before dialing your pin. After that clears, you just press speaker, or if you're quick you can hit speaker the instant the call connects.
    03-09-09 10:30 AM
    You don't have to put in a wait for your voice mail, it will automatically add a 3 second pause before dialing your pin. After that clears, you just press speaker, or if you're quick you can hit speaker the instant the call connects.
    Yes, I have used the quick approach, but if you miss it, you have to wait until it's over. I used the VM as an example. But that doesn't apply if I call my office VM - in that case, I either have to press the speaker button quickly, or wait which is very inconvenient. On my 8830, I was able to press the speaker button regardless.
    03-09-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD