Anyone else having issues with profiles? I edited my normal profile and made my own, and edited the sounds, when I use either of them, they're not working, they use the stock sounds, but when I go back to re-edit them, they say that they are what I have them set as, but make different sounds? Anyone? I'm running the .82 platform and this just isn't working out for me.
    11-22-08 03:12 PM
    What I've had happen is last night and yesterday everything was working just fine, today I noticed I'm getting my notifications late and it turns out vibrate was somehow changed to 'in holster' and I never changed it.

Edit:

You guys are all correct, it seems no matter what profile is 'active', changing any settings on one changes the setting on ALL of my profiles. As far as I know I have Vibrate and One Other Profile That Has A Different Names.

Hopefully this upcoming update fixes this.
    Last edited by Sindervhit; 11-24-08 at 08:33 AM. Reason: I was wrong, my bad!
    11-22-08 03:14 PM
    I just went to the store, the re did whatever, my platform and whatnot is the same, I deleted my custom profile, made it again, the ringer is now the correct, but SMS messages are getting a different tone..
    11-22-08 03:58 PM
    Anyone else? I've got the correct running platform, I took off VZNav since it will never be used, and now when I have it set on stock vibrate that comes with the phone, it vibrates once then makes the message sound? I can't get it to be the message tones I select, I've done multiple battery pulls, deleted and re made the profiles, can anyone help?

And (yes still did battery pull to try to fix it) now for some reason my camera won't come up...says "Could not start the camera. Please close other applications and try opening the camera again."
    11-23-08 08:31 AM
    anyone figure this out yet? I have all my sound profiles set one way...and when i do test it, it works fine...but none of my sounds work properly
    11-23-08 07:00 PM
    Yeah, anyone help, please?
    11-23-08 08:40 PM
    Can't offer any assistance, but I feel your pain. I reset the "loud" profile to vibrate in the holster and ring when out....this changed all the profiles to this same setting and it doesn't even do what it says. The only profile I have that works as stated is "silent"....someone please help.
    11-23-08 09:22 PM
    all of my alerts are fine but my ringer. it doesnt ring lol it just vibrates and its not on vibrate only mode either
    11-23-08 10:37 PM
    Yeah i have noticed as well... Does anyone notice that the vibrate feature is kinda weak... I also noticed that some of you have the same problem with tones delayed same here.
    11-23-08 10:47 PM
    i found out why sms messages uses a different tone. you have to change it per contact. it sucks. still trying to see if there is another way.
    11-23-08 10:52 PM
    i dont know if this pertains but....i have some contacts set on custom ringtones and when i have my profile on vibration, for those people only....it still rings....

anybody else experience this?
    11-23-08 10:54 PM
    I don't like how you can goto the different sound profiles and edit them and it affects all the profiles. For instance, editing normal mode to no vibration allows for phone calls to just ring without vibration. Yet, when you goto the vibrate only profile, it doesn't vibrate because vibrate is turned off from the phone calls. LAME
    11-23-08 11:21 PM
    I feel your pain as well. I too am having trouble with the profiles. Sometimes the phone won't ring when I use a custom made mp3 and assign it to a contact, do a battery pull and it works, but after a while does it again. I can have my phone set to vibrate, calls vibrate, but sms/mms play an audible sound. Nothing fixes this one. I am so frustrated already with this. I love this phone, but something so minor might have me, dare I say it, return it. Has anyone found a fix for this?
    11-24-08 09:39 AM
    I don't like how you can goto the different sound profiles and edit them and it affects all the profiles. For instance, editing normal mode to no vibration allows for phone calls to just ring without vibration. Yet, when you goto the vibrate only profile, it doesn't vibrate because vibrate is turned off from the phone calls. LAME
    If you edit the normal profile, then in every other profile which has a setting that says "Normal Settings" will be affected (which is most of them). I would not recommend editing the normal profile unless that's what you would like reflected in every other profile. Make a custom profile or edit one of the other profiles to do what you want.

i dont know if this pertains but....i have some contacts set on custom ringtones and when i have my profile on vibration, for those people only....it still rings....

anybody else experience this?
    You can edit the vibrate only profile or what I did was create my own custom vibrate profile. In that, go to each alert setting and change the volume to "silent" and change the vibrate to "custom". In the custom section of vibrate, you can change it from "in holster" to "in/out holster" and adjust the number of vibrations as well as the length. Do that for every single alert setting and your phone will only vibrate.
    11-24-08 09:45 AM
    You can edit the vibrate only profile or what I did was create my own custom vibrate profile. In that, go to each alert setting and change the volume to "silent" and change the vibrate to "custom". In the custom section of vibrate, you can change it from "in holster" to "in/out holster" and adjust the number of vibrations as well as the length. Do that for every single alert setting and your phone will only vibrate.[/QUOTE]

I edited the vibrate profile and made my custom one, and still, sms/txt ring while set on vibrate, and then when I switch it to loud or normal, the ringtones aren't audible.
    11-24-08 09:55 AM
    Yeah i have noticed as well... Does anyone notice that the vibrate feature is kinda weak... I also noticed that some of you have the same problem with tones delayed same here.

I too have noticed the vibrate is really weak. The vibrate on my pearl is about 2x as strong as the Storm.

Also has anyone else noticed no matter how many times you set it up to vibrate, it only vibrates once? Or is it just me?
    11-24-08 09:56 AM
    I edited the vibrate profile and made my custom one, and still, sms/txt ring while set on vibrate, and then when I switch it to loud or normal, the ringtones aren't audible.
    The only thing I can think of is that you didn't set it for each and every alert. In the profile, there is at least 30 different alerts. You have one for phone, SMS, each email account, Level 1, MMS, calendar, tasks, etc, etc. You need to adjust each one to your liking.

Also, the default just selecting vibrate is IN HOLSTER ONLY. You might need to change that depending on your preferences.

I wanted a vibrate ONLY profile so I went into each and every setting and changed volume to "silent", vibrate to "custom", and under the custom settings I set each one to "long" and had emails vibrate once, messages vibrate twice, calls vibrate 10x. And the most important part for me is I set it to vibrate "in/out of holster". With this profile set, my phone does NOT ring. It only vibrates.
    11-24-08 10:13 AM
    The only thing I can think of is that you didn't set it for each and every alert. In the profile, there is at least 30 different alerts. You have one for phone, SMS, each email account, Level 1, MMS, calendar, tasks, etc, etc. You need to adjust each one to your liking.

Also, the default just selecting vibrate is IN HOLSTER ONLY. You might need to change that depending on your preferences.

I wanted a vibrate ONLY profile so I went into each and every setting and changed volume to "silent", vibrate to "custom", and under the custom settings I set each one to "long" and had emails vibrate once, messages vibrate twice, calls vibrate 10x. And the most important part for me is I set it to vibrate "in/out of holster". With this profile set, my phone does NOT ring. It only vibrates.
    Well, I think the problem most of us are having is that we virtually have ONE profile, you change settings in one profile and they change in ALL profiles.
    11-24-08 10:16 AM
    Well, I think the problem most of us are having is that we virtually have ONE profile, you change settings in one profile and they change in ALL profiles.
    What can I say? I don't find that to be true. The only settings that should carry over is if you change the "normal" profile - that's essentially the default. In the settings, there is an option that says "use normal settings" which means if you changed your "normal" profile, it will change across every profile. I have not had an issue switching back and forth between my custom vibrate and normal. Changes I made in my custom profile do not carry over to others.
    11-24-08 10:26 AM
    What can I say? I don't find that to be true. The only settings that should carry over is if you change the "normal" profile - that's essentially the default. In the settings, there is an option that says "use normal settings" which means if you changed your "normal" profile, it will change across every profile. I have not had an issue switching back and forth between my custom vibrate and normal. Changes I made in my custom profile do not carry over to others.
    Do you have the default ring/alert settings for all the settings in the "Normal" profile? I would like to set everything back to stock and then create custom profiles for my individual setups.
    12-01-08 07:02 PM
    I have one custom profile set with an exception. Sometimes the exception works when that individual calls/sms/mms. Sometimes my phone reverts back to my default profile. If I do a battery pull, it starts to work again. It drives me nuts because I have to do a battery pull almost daily.
    12-04-08 10:12 PM
    so i have custom ringtones loaded on my storm and they work then all the sudden it doesnt no matter what profile i set it to. the phone still vibrates, but not ring afterwards. is anyone else having this problem?

i use to have this problem with my htc, and i resolved it my changing it from a mp3 file to a wav file. but the quality is bad after doing this with the storm so i deleted the ringtones and didnt keep it long enough to see if it resolved the problems.

any suggestions?
    12-04-08 11:52 PM
    Here's what I do and it seems to work well for me.

Forget about editing any of the profiles because you can't edit them anyway.

Never edit the Normal profile (which seems to be the only one you can edit by default) because it affects all of the other profiles because some of their sounds are set to "Normal".

Create your own custom profiles for example, one for "Work", "Home",etc.

If you want to use the same profile for a group of contacts without having to edit the sounds for each one individually then go to Sounds then "Set Contact Alerts". You can add as many contact as you want to one Contact Alert and assign them all the same Phone and Message sounds. You can add multiple Contact Alerts.

So for example if you are with your boo and you don't want your phone to ring or alert you when one of your "special friends" call or text, then create a new Contact Alert for all your special friends. They will all have the same Ring Tone and Message alert. If you no longer want to use the assigned Contact Alert for an individual then you would just remove them from that assigned Contact Alert.

Hope this helps....
    12-16-08 09:35 AM
    I have a job where I am not allowed to have any noise at all coming from my phone. I made a work profile and when I recieve a voicemail or certain people call me that have specifc ringtones the phone goes off. Then trying to get it to shut up takes another few seconds. What can I do?
    Also the phone freaks out from time to time and using whatever sound it like for my message alerts. Which has caused me to freak out due to some of them only to be used by people at certain times for an emergency.
    Appreciate any input.
    Thanks
    EMT
    01-03-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD