If this has been posted recently, I apologize. I searched and wasn't able to find an answer. I had a Storm back on its release date. Returned it January 14th because I just couldn't stand the lag and other bugs that it had going on.

Last week, after missing it, I went and got another one. Appears though, that one of the bugs that annoyed me most is still there, but I wanted to confirm that with someone and have been unable to locate info in the forums.

Has the bug for the Profiles been fixed yet? Seems like when I go in and edit "Normal" and change like the volume setting, it changes "Loud" and "Medium" as well. I thought this would be something they would have fixed by now?????
    06-19-09 07:51 PM
    This isn't a "bug" per se, but the way Blackberry/RIM manages sound profiles. The only thing you can edit is where it says "Set ring tones / alerts" and then each profile modifies those settings. Hope that makes sense.

Your other option, which gives you more detailed control, is to create custom profiles. That's what I do personally.
    06-19-09 08:10 PM
    That is call "linked profiles", they found most people were setting the same ringtones for "Loud""Normal""Medium" and so on to the same tone and just adjusting the volume levels accordingly. Now the did that for you. If you want a different profile just create a custom profile that is independent of the "linked profiles".
    06-19-09 09:23 PM
    That is call "linked profiles", they found most people were setting the same ringtones for "Loud""Normal""Medium" and so on to the same tone and just adjusting the volume levels accordingly. Now the did that for you. If you want a different profile just create a custom profile that is independent of the "linked profiles".
    I don't mind having all the same "ringtones"....but I want "Loud" to be at 10, "normal" at 7, "medium" at 5....etc. Is that not sensible and/or possible without creating a custom??????
    06-19-09 10:30 PM
    Bump....still don't have an answer.....anyone?
    06-20-09 10:37 AM
    I don't mind having all the same "ringtones"....but I want "Loud" to be at 10, "normal" at 7, "medium" at 5....etc. Is that not sensible and/or possible without creating a custom??????
    That is effectively what they do. Set it to loud and call yourself from another phone, then to normal, medium and so on. You will find that each designator is just that.
    06-20-09 10:52 AM
    Thanks...I guess I only tested them with Loud and Normal...and to me they sound identical. The Medium was clearly different though. Thanks for pointing that out.
    06-20-09 11:18 AM
    Thanks...I guess I only tested them with Loud and Normal...and to me they sound identical. The Medium was clearly different though. Thanks for pointing that out.
    If you set the volume to 7 there should be a difference between loud and normal.
    06-20-09 11:22 AM
    I have never used any of the preset profiles on my storm

I have just set up a number of profiles and it works great
    i.e. work, school, out on the town, parents, and none
    06-20-09 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD