Hey guys.. So my girlfriend is recently a new Storm owner. One of the problems we are having is with the different Sound profiles.

I currently have it set to "Loud", however, she doesn't want a sound to be played every time that she gets an email, so I clicked on the Sound Icon in the upper left corner...then went to "Set Ringtone Alerts", then in "Messages" i clicked on both email addresses and changed the volume to "Silent", and then I saved the settings and exited. This did not work for whatever reason as it still plays a sound when she gets an email.

Any help? Thanks in advance.
    01-25-09 10:38 AM
    Does your GF have more than one email on her storm? If so, you will have to set all of them to silent individually. This is the only way I can get it to work on mine.
    01-25-09 10:44 AM
    Yes she does have more than one email, but I set each of them to "Silent", thats why I don't understand what is going wrong..
    01-25-09 10:45 AM
    My wife and I both have a Storm, and we both still get "Rings" when the phone is set to Vibrate. If you have a specific ringtone set for a caller, it will still ring through if you are set to Vibrate. I also cant find where you can customize the pre-set profiles. Am I missing something?
    01-25-09 10:50 AM
    I was just about to post the same thing. Just when I thought I had it figured out I realized I didn't. This is becoming a deal breaker for me because I can't have my ringtones blaring while I'm at work but the phone is supposed to be on silent. Is this a .75 bug or just a BB thing? If anyone has a solution to this please help, if not I'm getting a bold as fast as it hits Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 10:54 AM
    Well after searching numerous threads I've come to the conclusion that it is an OS problem that has been reportedly fixed in the leaked OS' upgrade. I have to call bs on that one RIM. You're gonna make me sacrifice a working sound profile for a faulty camera and God knows what other bugs? Unsat RIM, unsat.

Last edited by TreyDaPrince; 01-25-09 at 11:17 AM.
    01-25-09 11:14 AM
    Ok I did some testing just now.....

When I switched from "Loud" to "Normal", and set my email alerts to SILENT on all of my Email accounts, it worked perfectly... Maybe this is just a bug when the profile is set to "Loud"???

Also to respond to Ratbate, you can customize the preset profiles if you click on the "Sound" icon, or Speaker icon, whatever you want to call it, and click at the bottom where it says "Set Ringtone Alerts", after you make whatever changes you want to make, hit the "Back" button and then press "Save" when it asks if you want to save the changes that you made.
    01-25-09 11:14 AM
    There's a previous post that helped me with my problem. My custom ring tones were still ringing too when my phone was on silent or vibrate but I found creating a custom setting and making all the preferences the way you want them there works like a charm. I personally made a true vibrate only and it has all alerts individually set to vibrate and it stays that way. Hope that helps :-)

01-25-09 11:19 AM
    There's a previous post that helped me with my problem. My custom ring tones were still ringing too when my phone was on silent or vibrate but I found creating a custom setting and making all the preferences the way you want them there works like a charm. I personally made a true vibrate only and it has all alerts individually set to vibrate and it stays that way. Hope that helps :-)

Hey, yes that is a good solution too, just tried it, thanks! As TreyDaPrince noted, it seems like this is an OS problem...get with it RIM!
    01-25-09 11:26 AM
    If I set a custom ringtone/alert profile, it works how I set it. I'd rather use the normal, loud, and vib profile but apparently I never will be able to do so.

I have 3 Tours, and all 3 have the same problem.
    10-28-09 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD