I'm having a prob with voice activated dialing... VZW says its a known problem. ???

~
    If I use the voice-activated dialing thru the bluetooth (jawbone), on certain numbers it prevents me from hearing the phone dial or me hearing the other person. They can hear me but I cannot hear them.

If I pop the batt out, it fixes the prob until I call certain ppl in my contact list.

If I use the bluetooth, but dial from my phone -- no voice activated dialing, then the phone works properly.

~

I've spoken to VZW tech support. They say this is a known problem and will have a fix w/ the next update. They also said that this update would be available sometime during the next month. I hope I didn't miss a thread where this was already answered.

Does anyone else have this problem?
    11-25-08 11:18 AM
    bump... still curious on an answer
    11-25-08 11:38 AM
    I wish I had a reply for you, friend, but I've experience the same thing with my Jawbone. Actually, for the first few hours voice recognized dialing worked flawlessly... and then it just stopped!

Hopefully a fix will occur soon. Sure enough if I just dial out normally and speak through the headset it all works great... I just don't have voice dialing anymore. Frustrating, I know.

So I have no solutions... only company for the boat we seem to be in
    11-25-08 06:45 PM
    I have one suggestion that some of you may like, but I'm not sure if it works through bluetooth. Check out Vlingo. It learns your voice the more you use it, so don't give up on it till after you use it a bunch. Not to mention it allows you to speak email, text messages, and BBM posts and types them for you.

I know, I know, defeats the purpose of the new cool touch screen clicky keyboard, but it is safer while driving and sometimes really handy.

If you don't see a download for the new Storm, download the most recent one, it works on my Storm.

Let me know what you all think and if it works with bluetooth. Please post the bluetooth headset you use with it, as it may not work with all headsets. Thanks!
    11-25-08 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD