The Mute button on my storm does not seem to be functioning...any ideas on why and how i can fix it?????
    Last edited by stormchaser_77; 04-26-09 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling error
    04-26-09 12:28 PM
    sorry!!!...my bad i meant the mute button does not seem to be working
    04-26-09 12:41 PM
    What os are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-09 12:44 PM
    i am running 4.7.0.122
    04-26-09 12:46 PM
    BTW u can delete ur original post & start over so title is correct: bottom of post > edit > top of page > select delete > delete this message. No reason needs 2 be specified.

Note: b/c ALL posts in thread may be deleted w/this method, u can simply edit title.
    Last edited by Transfigured; 04-26-09 at 01:05 PM.
    04-26-09 12:51 PM
    Doesn't work at all? Did it in your previous OS's

04-26-09 12:51 PM
    That's what I thought first as well. I thought it was a button to toggle between regular mode and vibrate mode (like holding down either # or * on most dumb phones) but it was not. It works only during phone calls. It mutes your phone call. I think it also mutes during either audio or video playback.
    04-26-09 12:54 PM
    That's what I thought first as well. I thought it was a button to toggle between regular mode and vibrate mode (like holding down either # or * on most dumb phones) but it was not. It works only during phone calls. It mutes your phone call. I think it also mutes during either audio or video playback.
    Works as toggle when phone is locked.
    04-26-09 12:59 PM
    Works as toggle when phone is locked.
    Huh?
    Can you be a little more descriptive? I just tried it. I was on my home screen. Then locked the phone using the lock button. And tried pressing or holding down the mute button but didn't do anything.

I'd like to be able to turn the phone into vibrate mode with a simple push of a button when I walk into meetings and go to movies or whatever...
    04-26-09 01:02 PM
    The mute button will switch to the vibrate profile if you hold it down but only when the phone is asleep in a case

04-26-09 01:04 PM
    that works now...but i am curious as to why i used to be able to mute the phone when it was locked and out of the case....???
    04-26-09 01:08 PM
    Asleep in case? Does this mean holster or any case? I would assume holster since the Storm has no way of knowing whether it's got a hard/skin case on. When I get home, I'm just going to read my manual. I will update on my findings.

04-26-09 01:09 PM
    i am assuming any case/holster that has a proximity sensor
    04-26-09 01:13 PM
    When it is any case/holster/pouch that supports the sleep function of the storm, pressing & holding the mute button will switch it from profile to vibrate, and vice versa. I rarely used this function when on OS .75, but I thought it would do this when locked as well. Now I'm not so sure.

04-26-09 01:20 PM
    Trust me on toggle issue: lock > hold down mute key > switch 2 vibrate/sound mode.

In/out of lock, press mute key w/incoming call or alert > mute.
    04-26-09 01:28 PM
    Trust me on toggle issue: lock > hold down mute key > switch 2 vibrate/sound mode.

In/out of lock, press mute key w/incoming call or alert > mute.
    I don't doubt you, but with .132 it will not switch to vibrate profile when locked. I just tried it , don't know about .122. Also tested in holster, and no problem switching profiles. As I've not used this much when on .75 (I like to annoy my co-workers with my odd-ball ring tones ), I can't say.

The rest of what you say is true

04-26-09 02:09 PM
    Thanks 4 reply. I'm on .75.
    04-26-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD