Amazingly, I am still on my first storm but I am having some problems with my phone still. My phone has always sucked for memory. I start up the phone and I have 16 MB free and this was just right after I got my phone. After about 5 hours or so of use my memory would be 0 and then guess what the round orb of death would come up and battery pull would happen. I have applications and a theme but most of these applications do not launch on startup. The only ones that do are BerryWeather, and MeterBerry. Now I can startup the phone and MAYBE get 3 hours before guess what memory is ate up and battery pull again. On a good day this happens about 3-4 times a day. When I was using the default Verizon theme I was having the same problem.

Also when using headphones and i swivel the earphones jack around so that when I put it in my holster I dont damage the plug for some reason my voice dialing kicks in. Know how annoying it is to be listenin to music to hear it cut off and hear "Say a command." Do I have any options here?

Note: I did take it to a Verizon corp. store and they "noted" it on the account but the guy could not re-create the headphone jack problem and mentioned nothing about my lack of memory. Thanks all.
    07-01-09 01:48 PM
    I think we'll need some more information to help you with your memory issues, like what OS are you running, and a list of your apps and themes you have installed.
    07-01-09 02:00 PM
    Sure no problem I forgot to include that I apologize.

I am running the official .148 OS. My theme is BlackBerry Pro V3 Red. As far as applications go I have

Air Traffic Control Game
    AP Mobile News
    App Store
    Bartender Pro
    BB Light
    iBeeFarting (it was free)
    Bubble Army
    BuzzMe
    CaptureIt
    CB Launched
    CNN
    Facebook
    FMyLife
    ForceRadioOn
    GoogleMaps (I close it out right away so its not running)
    Google Talk
    Hangman
    MeterBerry
    Moblie Banking
    Myspace
    MyVerizon
    QuickPull
    RDM+
    SimpleWeather (I did like it)
    songid
    Speed Test
    StormLock
    VZ Navigator
    VZW Tones

Windows Live Messenger
    Slacker Radio

This is really about it.
    Last edited by bigguy_132; 07-01-09 at 02:29 PM.
    07-01-09 02:18 PM
    I don't know much about memory but I think you have the voice command set to a convenience key and might accidently be pushing it. If that is the case I'd switch the key to something else. Options>screen/keyboard.
    07-01-09 02:33 PM
    did you just list almost a solid page of apps and then end it with "that is really about it" LOL.

Thats a lot of apps. I don't know how big all of them are but I know that songid is over 1M
    07-01-09 02:34 PM
    I don't know much about memory but I think you have the voice command set to a convenience key and might accidently be pushing it. If that is the case I'd switch the key to something else. Options>screen/keyboard.
    I did this I changed up my keys and voice dialing is not even a key anymore that I can press.
    07-01-09 02:39 PM
    did you just list almost a solid page of apps and then end it with "that is really about it" LOL.

Thats a lot of apps. I don't know how big all of them are but I know that songid is over 1M
    Ha ha ya. Sad thing is I know more people that have more then I do. Most of them don't launch on startup. I will be getting rid of SongID since I don't use it. This was a problem even when I had the phone. I will most likely wipe everything and just try that for a bit but I know I had the same problems before I started getting themes and apps.
    07-01-09 02:40 PM
    I did this I changed up my keys and voice dialing is not even a key anymore that I can press.
    Well I'm sorry to say it but I think you have a lemon. Do you have insurance to take it back? I can assure you that they do make some storms high quality because I have had none of the issues that people talk about here. I wish you luck.
    07-01-09 02:43 PM
    I wouldn't give up on it so fast bigguy. If it were my phone, I would reinstall .148, but I would NOT let it backup and restore anything. You should still do a full backup, including 3rd party apps, but it's only for use later. After you boot up (with a phone containing no extra apps and no contacts/calendars), I would sync the phone to Outlook, or whatever you use to keep you contact/calendar info on the PC. This is giving you a fresh load of the data, so that if your current data is corrupted, you wont put it back on the phone from backup/restore. I would NOT add any themes on at this time, nor would I load any 3rd party apps (none at all). Run it for a couple of days like this and I bet you have no memory issues at all. I think your problem is that you've gotten corrupted databases on your phone that are eating up your memory. After a few days, you can start adding some apps back, though I would download fresh copies if I were you. Do it slowly, and keep an eye out for any apps that all of the sudden, suck your memory.
    07-01-09 03:23 PM
    Sure no problem I forgot to include that I apologize.

I am running the official .148 OS. My theme is BlackBerry Pro V3 Red. As far as applications go I have

Air Traffic Control Game
    AP Mobile News
    App Store
    Bartender Pro
    BB Light
    iBeeFarting (it was free)
    Bubble Army
    BuzzMe
    CaptureIt
    CB Launched
    CNN
    Facebook
    FMyLife
    ForceRadioOn
    GoogleMaps (I close it out right away so its not running)
    Google Talk
    Hangman
    MeterBerry
    Moblie Banking
    Myspace
    MyVerizon
    QuickPull
    RDM+
    SimpleWeather (I did like it)
    songid
    Speed Test
    StormLock
    VZ Navigator
    VZW Tones

Windows Live Messenger
    Slacker Radio

This is really about it.
    Red and Bold are your memory "leak" issues...
    Remove those apps reboot and post memory at startup.
    07-01-09 03:25 PM
    I removed the above apps did a battery pull and am sitting now at 18.2 mb which normally I boot up at 16.5 mb or so. So I gained not very much at all. Any other suggestions before I call verizon again?
    07-01-09 04:50 PM
    Go to options>status, then menu button, then select Database Sizes and tell us what they are. If one is corrupted, it's likely much larger than normal.
    07-01-09 04:55 PM
    Red and Bold are your memory "leak" issues...
    Remove those apps reboot and post memory at startup.
    what r u saying for simpleweather? ? there is no mem leak whatsoever...(as long as ur using the latest version)
    07-01-09 04:57 PM
    Ok so

Address Book - Default - 28.8K
    Application Permissions - 30.2K
    Attatchment Data - 0.0K
    AutoText - 10.4K
    Browser Bookmarks - 1.4K
    Browser Channels - 0.0K
    Browser Data Cache - 16.1K
    Browser Folders 0.1K
    Browser Messages - 0.0K
    Browser URLs - 0.3K
    All my e-mail folders - 0.0K
    Categories - 0.1K
    Content Store - 1.3K
    Enterprise Config - 0.0K
    Folders - 1.1K
    Memos - 0.0K
    Messages - 28.1K
    MMS Messages 113.7KB
    Phone Calls Logs - 34.1K
    PIN Messages - 0.0K
    RMS Database - 18.1K
    Saved E-mail Messages - 7.8K
    Searches - 0.8K
    SMS Messages - 37.3K
    Tasks - 0.8K
    WAP Push Messages - 0.0K
    07-01-09 05:21 PM
    Simple weather 2.01 Killed my BB went back to 1.2 and works fine but I found bbweather has no mem leaks at all! What is your total free mem size now?
    07-01-09 05:42 PM
    I am now sitting at 15.0 MB free down -5.0 MB since startup and that was 59 minutes ago. And thats just with text messaging and checking e-mails.
    07-01-09 05:47 PM
    I just checked after getting out a movie. I did not use my phone once during the movie I dipped to 2.2 MB. It was in my holster the entire movie.
    07-01-09 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD