I'm hoping someone here can help me out. I've spent about 4 hours so far, Googling and reading every fourm known to man looking for a solution. Here's my situation. I have a VZW Storm, and want to upgrade to the .75 OS. I've been trying to backup my device first using Desktop Manager, but it fails every time. It's confusing because it fails at different points, but always with "Unknown Error" (very descriptive, huh?). Anyway, I have tried everything from battery pulls, clearing cache, reinstalling DM, disabling all FW/AV software, disabling UAC, and every combination thereof. Still same descriptive error. Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have a solution? Here is my system config:

VZW 9530 Storm .65 OS

DM ver. 4.7.0.32

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit (SP1)

HP Pavilion dv6000 AMD Turion 64 x2 processor, 4 GB RAM

Thanks in advance!
    12-02-08 11:07 AM
    The only way to absolutely know which module is stopping the backup is to go to DM, Backups, and chose Advanced. Step down the list (yes, it takes awhile...) and back up each and every module, gray or not. If possible, you can clear it there, but if the bad data ends up being something not accessible, then you might have to go into Option on the Storm and see if you can clear the corrupt data there. I have done this and have just one last thing to clear (Location Based Services) and then I hope to get a clean backup!
    12-02-08 04:47 PM
    Mine was choking on some of the Browser settings...

Oddly enough though, when I finally did the upgrade to .75, it successfully backed up everything....
    12-02-08 04:53 PM
    Well it turns out everything backed up except the LBS. Of course this was greyed out in DM. Any ideas on how to clear it on the device?
    12-02-08 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD