When I go under 'Select a Sound Profile', and click 'Vibrate Only' I am still notified for a call with a ringer sound but to notify me of new messages, i can feel the vibrate.

Am I doing something wrong?
    03-18-09 02:18 PM
    I haven't had an issue with it, my phone hardly ever leaves Vibrate only because I work in an office.

Have you tried pulling the battery? Also you may want to check to see if you have any custom profiles that could be causing confusion.
    03-18-09 02:20 PM
    Create a custom profile and name it Vib2 or something.
    Then just silence the ringtone in the volume, turn on vibrate for the instances you want vibration to occur and then save.
    A lot of us have had the same problem with the default Vibrate only profile, it doesn't seem to shut off ringtones.
    03-18-09 03:03 PM
    Thank you motrv8d. It's good to know others have the same issue.

I was freaking out about the wallpaper issue when on landscape mode but after reading some posts realized I can set a wallpaper successfully if I set up the wallpaper when I'm on portrait mode. Brilliant.
    03-18-09 05:35 PM
    What OS version are you running and is the ring tone you hear a custom tone for a contact or the default ring?

It is a known issue with earlier OS versions that custom tones "ignored" the ring profile,
    I think v85 and up was where this was fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 06:05 PM
    My phone never leaves vibe only... I hate ring tones with a passion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 06:13 PM
    I had the same problem with my phone still going off while in class in the vibrate mode. I had to create a custom school profile so my professors wouldn't give me the stink eye. I haven't the vibrate only since upgrading to .109, maybe it is fixed.
    03-18-09 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD