Hey guys, just a quick question and not sure if anyone else has had this problem.

So, I had thought I'd have to return my storm for a new one (nothing to do with the hardware/software, just another reason) and had backed up all data (with the backup feature of DM) and did a handset wipe (don't trust anyone else to do it). Anyway, after speaking to the reps and realizing my perceived problem was not in fact one and seeing how many people have probs with their storms, didn't want to chance it and kept mine.

I restored all data with the restore function of DM. Anyway, I've my synchronization set for two-way transfer (device to outlook and outlook to device). For some reason, in my bb calendar, the device DOUBLED every future event (meeting/birthday/holiday/etc). So, after painfully removing them and making sure that the BB had all relevant info, I resynced, this time chosing to sync from device to outlook only and replacing all outlook data with that in the BB (as this had the updated alerts/dates/etc). Anyway, now there is NOTHING in my outlook calendar (no future or past events at all). I tried the two way again, and again, NOTHING in outlook (completely blank). Tried to sync from the dd to outlook and replace all target data and the two way sync again, and absolutely nothing. (all events are still in my BB calendar and nothing else (contacts/tasks/memos) is doubled)

Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

(my first bb and first touchscreen as well---previously had a palm t/x for all non-phone syncing without problems and never had this "doubling" of events occur)
    02-13-09 01:43 PM
    (Also, above was my first post, so I know I can't send PMs, but not sure if I can respond to them for any private suggestions)
    02-13-09 01:45 PM
    No one has any clue on how to remedy this situation?
    02-16-09 11:55 AM
    I had the same problem with my bb Curve and spent many hours on the phone with Customer Service trying to figure it out. I ended up having wipe my device clean (factory settings) and then go and do a sync with Outlook to get it back. Was told there must have been a virus in something I had in my calendar/etc. which was causing the issues. So, we also wiped out my entire Outlook calendar (from work) and then went back to one of my backups to get information back. I ended up, after going through this 3 different times, getting a new bb. Didn't have the issues with the new one.
    02-16-09 09:35 PM
    One thing I can think of, is that you have two calendars under two default email addresses. If you sync under "email1", then change your default to "email2" and sync again, then you will have duplicated everything on your device. I say check your calendar options, it will show how many entries you have per address.
    02-16-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD