Hi Guys,

I have a Storm 9500.

I seem to have an intermittent problem, sometimes the phone will turn on OK and all working and then just freeze (normally when using the keyboard for typing) or it wont turn on at all, the backlight and the red LED come on but no screen.

I have been told that it could either be the LCD needs replacing or it could be a less serious repair in that the ECU is worn out and needs replacing.
    Anybody know a way of telling what it could be?

Has anybody any idea what an ECU is? and has anybody else had this problem?
    Is this a repair I could do myself?

btw: I have tried all the usual suspects, battery pull etc etc many times to no avail...

Thank in advance...
    11-25-10 12:05 AM
    It could possibly be an app draining your memory. I know i have had to get rid of a few apps that i downloaded because of issues like this. Just a thought.
    milwal likes this.
    11-25-10 01:58 PM
    Thanks for your reply Coastal.

Yes I am starting to think (and Hope) that its a software related problem, I am in the process of re-installing the OS and deleting a few apps...
    11-26-10 01:16 AM
    Sound more of a software issue similar to what happened when I have the storm 9530. A fresh os install fixed mine. Keep us updated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    milwal likes this.
    11-26-10 01:20 AM
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies...

Issue solved I bought the new BB Torch cost 20,000 Thai Baht (approx GBP �430 or US $690) expensive but phones always are in Bangkok and i needed a phone urgently, only been in Thailand unofficially for 1 week so I dont even have a warranty lol...
    Torch was imported from the US its at&t branded but was unlocked and is working fine

STORM
    Anyhow I took my storm to a shop here in Bangkok and had the LCD screen replaced and now working fine...giving it to the wife

btw: The Torch is one **** of a phone well done RIM its smoking!
    11-27-10 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD