Hey everyone,

Some background:
    Storm 1 running 5.0.328

Apps installed:
    Flixter, Twitter, Facebook, ESPN, StormSlider, App World

Problem:

Recently my year and half old Storm has be restarting at random times. Once it restarts the battery is always nearly dead. It restarts on its own about once a day. Normally the battery lasts all day, but since I've had this problem it'll only last about 8 hours.

When it restarts the screen goes black and then the LED indicator light goes red. I could be in the middle of a call with a full battery and it'll die on me.

This phone has been pretty good for me until now....4/14 I get my NE2, time for a iPhone or driod.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I've thought about reinstalling the OS, but don't wants to lose all my contacts.
    02-06-11 02:14 PM
    Time for a new battery. Odds are, that is the primary cause based on the information you've provided. A battery that is starting to fail can drive you crazy and make it seem like an otherwise functional phone feel like it's on the verge of total failure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-06-11 02:31 PM
    if you have insurance - claim it. For $50, you'll get a brand new Storm.
    02-06-11 02:31 PM
    if you have insurance - claim it. For $50, you'll get a brand new Storm.
    Don't they send out Storm 2s now instead of 1s?

I have a friend with an extra Storm battery, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. Thanks for the help.
    02-06-11 02:36 PM
    I agree that it is probably the battey.
    02-06-11 03:52 PM
    Don't they send out Storm 2s now instead of 1s?

I have a friend with an extra Storm battery, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes. Thanks for the help.
    Can't guarantee they'd send out a Storm2, if so then great, but with 2 months and some change to go, I would think getting ahold of that extra battery would be the best option if it solves the problem.

Oh and FYI: reloading the OS does not erase contacts. Back them up beforehand anyway, Murphy looks for any chance to make an example of Murphy's Law.

02-06-11 04:12 PM
    I actually had a similar issue and I never really figured it out, even when I bought a new extended battery from the crackberry store and it was only once in a while that it did it, think it might be a glitch in the phone so the phone thinks that the battery is dead because the battery would go from like 75 percent to 2 percent and would charge like 5 times faster than normal, this happened off and on until I got my Torch, warenty was up that's why I did not just take it back and get a new one

02-06-11 06:06 PM
    Is it possible the phone is restarting without you noticing? It takes a good amount of battery to boot the phone, so if its happening multiple times it would definitely diminish the charge. Any random reboot problems i have has have been solved by reinstalling the OS. Make a backup first with DM Just in case, then when you go to reinstall it it will give you the option to automatically backup and restore your phone.

02-07-11 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD