OK, I have a problem in converting DVD movies for use on the Storm.

First off, I have a program called DVD Decrypter that I use to rip and decrypt DVD movies. I have been using it for years and it works great in conjunction with another program I have called CloneDVD to make "backup" copies of most any DVD.

Second, I use the Super video converter to convert the DVD files to a format for the Storm as instructed in another thread here in the forum. When I convert the files using Super, I go to the directory where the ripped DVD files are located (usually the directory is named VIDEO_TS). I normally look for a group of 4-6 or so files that are named something like VTS_0X_1.VOB thru VTS_0X_5.VOB (for example) as these are normally the main movie files. Then I convert these files using super and get the movie in 5 parts (in this example).

The problem I'm having when I playback the movie parts on the Storm is that some of the parts work fine and others have either a different language or the director's commentary playing.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong???

Thanks.

Lou S.
    Last edited by BBLou; 12-27-08 at 03:57 PM.
    12-27-08 03:30 PM
    I have no experience with Super Video converter.

Try using Handbrake. Use the preset iPod setting (Low or High Res) to make your video files and the storm should play them back fine.
    12-27-08 03:35 PM
    Use DVD HD Decrypter

Then run it through Handbrake (you can search the forum for the specifics)

Works perfectly BUT very time consuming

Quality is gorgeous though (I prefer to have fewer movies but really high quality stuff...1GB files)
    12-27-08 03:37 PM
    I know the DVD Decrypter program works as I can make DVD copies with no problem. It's when I convert them using Super...
    12-27-08 03:57 PM
    Try WinFF a free utility, after doing the DVDfab thing, then run WinFF and create an MP4, this worked for me, after trying to convert about 10 other videos with no luck
    12-27-08 04:02 PM
    Handbrake is fantastic. Does this use the same movie format as I'm using for iPod and Zune?
    12-27-08 04:14 PM
    check out the link in my sig for helpful hints on converting media and even some nice examples!
    12-27-08 04:37 PM
    I use a mac so I have to use p
    ocketmac and on it there's no sections where I can transfer my mp4 files to my storm. Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 07:31 AM
    whitegold i am not familiar with a mac but is there a send option when you click on a file
    12-28-08 01:15 PM
    check out the link in my sig for helpful hints on converting media and even some nice examples!
    Still can't get Super to work right but tried Handbrake and it works even better. Thanks for the tips...

Lou S.
    12-28-08 02:17 PM
    No experience with this Super Video Converter app.

Handbrake FTW

and check out this guide : http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/dvd...ctures-107961/
    12-28-08 02:25 PM
    see this post (#377), it might help if I'm following you correctly:

forums.crackberry.com/f135/blackberry-storm-video-conversion-howto-99653/index26.html#post1387192

looks like I'm not allowed to post URL's yet

look for the thread "blackberry-storm-video-conversion-howto" and check post #377

brill
    01-11-09 01:08 PM
    Here you go brill:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/bl...ml#post1387192

01-11-09 01:18 PM

thanks for posting the full link
    01-11-09 01:41 PM
    I use a mac so I have to use p
    ocketmac and on it there's no sections where I can transfer my mp4 files to my storm. Any suggestions?

Just connect you STORM & make sure that Mass Storage mode is ON & that you tell it yes & then Blackberry 2 (which IS your SD card) will show up in your list of mounted drives then just copy to the video folder under the blackberry path. PM me if you need further instructions.
    01-11-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD