Anybody who has the answer gets 10 points

After installing the BB Desktop manager for my Storm, I noticed that it takes 2minutes after startup of the computer before the Internet Loccal Area connection icon appears on the bottom right of the screen. Until the icon loads, I have no internet connection. I'm running Windows XP Home. During those 2 minutes, you can hear the computer working at something. Any suggestions??
    01-02-09 11:34 AM
    When you installed DM you chose the option to look for updates, so it's trying to connect to the net to do so. You can delete DM and reinstall it and uncheck "automatically check for updates".
    01-02-09 11:47 AM
    Uninstall DM. You can place anything you want on your BB much easier if you enable mass media mode on your phone and simply drag whatever you want onto your Storm.

The only thing DM did for my computer is make it slower than it already was.
    01-02-09 11:51 AM
    Uninstall DM. You can place anything you want on your BB much easier if you enable mass media mode on your phone and simply drag whatever you want onto your Storm.

The only thing DM did for my computer is make it slower than it already was.
    Do not take this advice. Desktop manager is absolutely necessary to make back ups of your data and perform OS updates. However, I would recommend installing DM WITHOUT media manager and using mass media mode for transferring data to/from your media card.
    01-02-09 11:55 AM
    pltaylor-
    #1 note-With DM installed, I opened it and looked to uncheck the update feature. I was not able to find it.
    #2 note- are you suggesting to uninstall DM and reinstall it but without media mgr?? Is that the Roxio part and if so, why not just uninstall that??
    01-02-09 12:05 PM
    TO: pltaylor
    It's still a no go!
    I found the auto update feature in the DM and unchecked it and re-started. It still took the same 2 minutes to start up.

The above #2 note. . . how about that???
    01-02-09 12:14 PM
    Hmm. Oh well. As for media manager, either way really. Me personally I would delete and install with out media manager.
    01-02-09 12:56 PM
    What does the media manager do??
    AlsoVisual Voice Mail- briefly what does that do and is it needed.

Thanks for your time.
    01-02-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD