I have the backlight set to 100% and Auto Dim = Off. For some reason there are times when in fact it is all the way bright and others when it's maybe 80%

This is not and issue with Backlight timeout, that works fine. I want the screen brightness at 100% when ever I am in any app.

Any ideas...I did a search but could not find this exact issue.
    05-16-09 11:13 AM
    I'm having the same problem...I don't get it!!
    05-16-09 11:18 AM
    The Storm has a auto light sensor built into the screen. This changes the bringness of the screen depending on the light you have...Sun=dimmer, florecent light=med dimmness and low light 100% brightness. I've noticed mine doing the different brighness but thats just the nature of the beast.
    05-16-09 01:14 PM
    This phone is very very wonky. Mine will do all sorts of crazy things at times including ringing while in vibrate.
    05-16-09 03:23 PM
    I have the backlight set to 100% and Auto Dim = Off. For some reason there are times when in fact it is all the way bright and others when it's maybe 80%

This is not and issue with Backlight timeout, that works fine. I want the screen brightness at 100% when ever I am in any app.

Any ideas...I did a search but could not find this exact issue.
    I have the same or I should say similar problem ... actually more dimming ... mine will dim up to 50% at times even when Automatically Dim is turned off. The Auto Dim function is suppose to change brightness based on the ambient light available. So when it is very bright outside, your phone will be bright so you can see it. When it is dark out, your phone will dim because you don't need that much to see it. NONE of this should be happening if Auto Dim is set to OFF!!! I did call Verizon Tech Support and the response I got from them was: "HUH? NEVER HEARD OF THIS PROBLEM!"
    05-17-09 01:58 PM
    my backlight seems to flicker once in awhile. dunno what that is but i'm using that as an excuse to go and get my storm replaced under warranty
    05-17-09 02:26 PM
    You can set it to whatever you want, the device will dim / brighten whenever it wants too...
    05-17-09 02:29 PM
    This phone is very very wonky. Mine will do all sorts of crazy things at times including ringing while in vibrate.
    no kidding on the ringing while in vib mode.. that was one of the biggest reasons i got rid of the phone and went back to my trusty curve!!
    05-17-09 02:31 PM
    I've had a problem for a few weeks, just before I installed .148 it started (was running 5.0 Hybrid with .141 parts at the time), and got worse about 5 days after installing .148.

In about 13 days, my screen has refused to dim at all, and is always at 100% brightness, even though the setting was set to 70% or less. I tried turning on and off autodim, with no change. I also get a pretty pronounced flicker from the screen that's intermittent.

I run PatternLock, Facebook, YouMail, BB Messenger, and Gtalk as my only non-system apps.

Any suggestions? I'm beginning to think it's a hardware issue with the display, and it's really eating into my battery life, and is pretty annoying in darker situations when my screen is glaring at me.

TIA.
    06-08-09 10:59 PM
    My phone dims if I reboot it in the evening. Odd. It will eventually brighten up again (e.g., if I start watching a video on it). I guess that confirms what ChrisH said above: it has a light detector (since the unscheduled dimming only happens for me in the evening).
    07-09-09 08:34 AM
    The answer to your question is located in the 2nd to last post of this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...o-dims-185442/
    07-09-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD