I am having a problem answering calls on my storm. I keep it in my pocket, locked. When it rings I hit the green hard key to answer it. Usually I have to hit the key at least two times before I am connected. Anyone else having this problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks
    01-01-09 08:58 AM
    When it's not locked do you have the same problem?
    01-01-09 09:00 AM
    Yep, similar issue here. I have trouble answering my calls, whether locked or not beforehand. It simply will *not* answer when I use the screen button to answer, and usually takes a couple of times when I use the hard key.
    01-01-09 09:04 AM
    I am having the same problem. Hope to see an answer soon about this.
    01-01-09 09:25 AM
    Same problem here. It's a total pain in the ****, I've missed calls because of this problem. You'd figure since it's called a smartPHONE that you'd be able to answer calls on it.
    01-01-09 09:54 AM
    I am having the same issues even unlocked sitting on a table and i pick it up and press answer button and nothing usually end up missing the call. I am also unable to hear the phone ring even on loud setting I am hard of hearing but even in a semi truck I can usually hear a phone also due to vibration in the truck I can not feel phones on vibrate.
    01-01-09 09:59 AM
    I think it is a common problem with everyone. Not very good at picking up a call at all. I hit the hard button, hit the screen, hit it again and then it usally picks up...oh wait..crap I missed the call.
    01-01-09 10:07 AM
    Ironically it works just fine when paired into the Bluetooth device on my truck.
    More ironically the thing just rang as I was posting, picked up OK - crappy signal strength in my area is another problem, but that not the fault of the Storm.
    01-01-09 10:16 AM
    Well, don't flame me because I don't have a Storm to test on or use but I've read where when the green button is clicked, the call is actually answered...right then but the screen takes time to show this. Try talking immediately after clicking the green button and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Caveat: Not sure about this happening when the handset is 'Locked'....?
    01-01-09 10:18 AM
    It's funny, when the phone rings, I automatically think I'm going to miss the call because of this issue. I would assume that this would have been an easy fix, but I guess we just have to wait on RIM to address this. It seems as though the phone locks up when it begins to ring and I usually hit the button so many times that I get a blank screen when the call actually connects.
    01-01-09 10:22 AM
    I also have problems answering calls, I thought it was just me. Sometimes when I take it out of the holster or I leave it sitting on my desk and I receive a phone call it will do one of three things. In holster it's on lock. This has happened either on lock or when it is regular. One it won't answer and then a stupid touch screen comes up to ask me answer or ignore, I try to hit answer on the touch screen and nothing happens, or I try to answer with the green button and it doesn't answer, or I hit the green button and it answers and you get a series of annoying beeps in your ear and then you can hear the other person. It is true though sometimes I do press the green button and you would never know that it answered so I find myself either talking to the other person or talking to myself if it doesn't answer. Very strange problem for a smart cell phone. Rim has to fix this isssue.
    01-01-09 10:23 AM
    I keep my phone unlocked. A simple push of the green key usually picks up with no problem. It does take a while for the screen to refresh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 10:25 AM
    I have the same problem answering calls whether locked or unlocked. The added "feature" is the phone flips back and forth from portrait to landscape as I pick it up. I have turned on the speaker trying to get the phone to answer as the screen aspect changes. This needs work RIM!
    01-01-09 10:54 AM
    Well, don't flame me because I don't have a Storm to test on or use but I've read where when the green button is clicked, the call is actually answered...right then but the screen takes time to show this. Try talking immediately after clicking the green button and you might be pleasantly surprised.

Caveat: Not sure about this happening when the handset is 'Locked'....?
    You are 100% correct. The phone answers the call, the screen just takes a few seconds to react.

If you are having problems answering the phone, do this: The next time someone calls you, just push the green hard button, put the phone to your ear, and say "hello". Forget seeing the call on the screen. Forget pushing more buttons, you're only causing the phone to try to do other things (like the beeping.......it's trying to answer another call that isn't there because you pushed the answer button multiple times). Give it a shot and see what happens. I think you might be surprised.
    01-01-09 11:01 AM
    this is a real pain, one of the only problems I have with my storm
    01-01-09 02:32 PM
    It's funny, when the phone rings, I automatically think I'm going to miss the call because of this issue. I would assume that this would have been an easy fix, but I guess we just have to wait on RIM to address this. It seems as though the phone locks up when it begins to ring and I usually hit the button so many times that I get a blank screen when the call actually connects.
    I am in the same boat. It's more of an issue when you keep your phone locked in your pocket. I use my phone for work a lot so daytime calls are very important I went from like 1-2 missed calls per day on my motorola q to about 10+ with my storm. It gets rather annoying calling people back all day long.
    01-01-09 02:46 PM
    You are 100% correct. The phone answers the call, the screen just takes a few seconds to react.

If you are having problems answering the phone, do this: The next time someone calls you, just push the green hard button, put the phone to your ear, and say "hello". Forget seeing the call on the screen. Forget pushing more buttons, you're only causing the phone to try to do other things (like the beeping.......it's trying to answer another call that isn't there because you pushed the answer button multiple times). Give it a shot and see what happens. I think you might be surprised.
    I agree. I was having the same problem when I first got my Storm, I ended up trying this to see if it was just the screen taking a moment to show that I was connected on the call or if it was a problem with the phone it self. Mu conclusion, it is just the screen taking a moment to refresh & show that you are connected on a call.

Now if I answer the phone & after saying hello a couple of times I get no response, I pull the phone away from my ear to see if I missed the call or if the other person hung up.
    01-01-09 03:14 PM
    Me too,
    I havn't had this problem for a while and suddenly it's starting to do it again. I have not installed anything new other than the .85 when it first came out, but the answering problem started yesterday.BTw this happens with the hard button as well.
    01-01-09 03:23 PM
    I have the same problem answering my phone. I find that if I press the green phone button instead of the screens phone hook I have a little quicker response.
    01-01-09 03:54 PM
    I agree on pushing the hard button but at times that does not even seem to work.
    01-01-09 07:35 PM
    same here as what everyone else has said sometimes it seems as if phone has went into sleep mode and when a call comes thru takes phone a while to wake up
    01-01-09 08:21 PM
    Yep, similar issue here. I have trouble answering my calls, whether locked or not beforehand. It simply will *not* answer when I use the screen button to answer, and usually takes a couple of times when I use the hard key.
    Same here. I've even noticed that when I try to answer using the green screen answer button, and then go to talk into the phone, the phone will start to ring again. Other times, I've noticed that when the phone does answer, I will only see the buttons five buttons on the bottom of the screen (dial pad, notes, home, etc.).
    01-03-09 07:10 PM
    Same here when I try to answer on touch svreen but the hard send key has never failed me
    01-03-09 07:20 PM
    Mine answers instantly with either the on-screen button or hard button, but the screen takes 2-3 seconds to recognize the call is active. I just ignore it.
    01-03-09 07:29 PM

Although I agree somewhat with that I"m not 100% convinced that is the fix. I use the hard button when my phone rings and then put it up to my ear and 8/10 times it just causes me a headache cause the phone rings really loud in my ear!!!

This is extremely frustrating for me as I use this phone for business and I got it to help improve my business not hinder it as it is doing right now. I hope RIM fixes this soon.
    01-05-09 02:26 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD