Is there anyway to give my GMAIL account (DB in the attached picture) a pretty icon like the Yahoo account has?

Attachment 43662

How about the SMS icon while we are at it? (Why does RIM make it so plain!?)
    11-02-09 03:06 PM
    i would like to know it there is a way to fix this too
    11-02-09 03:09 PM
    Is there anyway to give my GMAIL account (DB in the attached picture) a pretty icon like the Yahoo account has?

Attachment 43662

How about the SMS icon while we are at it? (Why does RIM make it so plain!?)
    You could download the gmail app from google which i do believe gives a "pretty" gmail icon.
    11-02-09 03:13 PM
    You could download the gmail app from google which i do believe gives a "pretty" gmail icon.
    Well, I could but that's not the functionality I'm seeking. I'd rather do the email account/plugin method.
    11-02-09 03:27 PM
    Isn't that what themes are for?
    11-02-09 05:12 PM
    I know that asthetics are pleasing (after all, a few pretty beads bought the entire Louisiana Purchase) but don't you think that "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet?"

If it works and I can identify it as what it is, then I don't really care what it looks like...
    11-02-09 08:35 PM
    Yeah, I know. Just seems a shame to apply a theme just to get a nice icon for an email account. Any theme suggestions that really work with 5.x OS?

If it works and I can identify it as what it is, then I don't really care what it looks like...
    I sort of agree. But like many of you, I have many active email accounts (5 on my Storm). The visually distinct icon makes it easier to tell which account has the new email. And ... well it looks nicer! BB's can't always be ugly mules when pretty thoroughbreds are chasing them down.
    11-02-09 10:01 PM
    BTW - I used to love AppleBerry but it still didn't have a distinct gmail icon. Now, with OS 5, that theme is a mess.
    11-02-09 10:15 PM
    There IS a way to switch the mail icons - someone posted a entire instruction post on this within the past few months. I wish I saved it, but its on here somewhere in the Storm forums..
    11-02-09 10:18 PM
    Yeah download the actual app. You could always find a theme too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD