OK, here's an annoying problem. Two problems actually.

I have mis-spelled words in a dictionary database but they are NOT in the Custom Dictionary. In fact, I just checked my custom dictionary and I had exactly 2 entries which surprised me because I have all options enabled so I expected that my custom dictionary would have a bunch of entries as evidenced by all the misspelled options that are offered as a choice. So where are these words stored and why are they unreachable? I've done a search and have read that they are in a database called CustomWordsCollection. This bugs me because what's the point of having a database that is accessible called Custom Dictionary if words are being stored in another non-editable dictionary somewhere else?

Second annoyance, how can I stop the Storm from offering up variants of partially spelled words but are not in the dictionary? These are the words that are not bold but italicized? So for example, I start to type "Brisk" and after a few letters it offers full words like Brian and Bristol but also bria and bels. Honestly, I don't need those weird options that clutter up the true words.

Any help would be appreciated!
    09-23-09 08:49 AM
    Yes! Bump for this annoyance. Anyone know how to stop this?
    09-23-09 06:37 PM
    Connect to the Desktop Manager and clear out the Custom Words Database
    09-23-09 06:41 PM
    Somehow I got idj for idk
    09-23-09 06:41 PM
    Second annoyance, how can I stop the Storm from offering up variants of partially spelled words but are not in the dictionary? These are the words that are not bold but italicized? So for example, I start to type "Brisk" and after a few letters it offers full words like Brian and Bristol but also bria and bels. Honestly, I don't need those weird options that clutter up the true words.

Any help would be appreciated!
    You have to type the entire word first. For example, if you type the word Get, but only type the first two letters, the storm will think you're typing the word hey. but if you press the last letter t, the phone will understand your intentions. so type the entire word first, as the predictive input tries to make real words out of anything. I hope that makes sense.
    As for your first problem, all my mispelled words go to custom dictionary and I weed them out from there. Sorry
    09-23-09 06:44 PM
    Connect to the Desktop Manager and clear out the Custom Words Database
    Ok, I'll give this a go but where do you perform this action in DM?

Wish I knew why words are going to this other database and not to the custom dictionary where we can access and delete as needed.

Second question, AutoText, is it only supposed to be available in select functions like e-mail. I can't seem to use my email address abbreviation in the browser and applications that ask for email address. Just wondering?
    09-24-09 01:13 PM
    How!? I Need to know!
    Last edited by bbboozer; 09-24-09 at 01:47 PM.
    09-24-09 01:43 PM
    i googled this issue too...and can't remove those annoying misspelled words from the customwordscollection. instructions i read said open DM --> backup and restore --> advanced. then scroll down the list of device databases and select the customwordscollection (mine had 1220 words in it!). clear it. a transfer APPEARS to happen but then it's right there in the list again, still with 1220 words! i don't get it...how do i clear this thing?

entries like "txt" used to be the default for me and now it's "yzy"! same for other words. i know i can go enter these common "accidents" into the custom dictionary or auto-correct list and they'll go away but still...why can't i just edit or clear the database??
    12-22-09 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD