Are any of you going to keep the storm over your other device?

I miss the quick navigation of the Curve, but I want to love the Storm!

When is the next bberry going to be released for Verizon?
    11-21-08 06:48 PM
    id love to know when were getting the bold. i dont think i can give up my keyboard on the curve for surepress
    11-21-08 06:50 PM
    Typing has been a bit difficult but I think I can deal with it. The phone is awesome, but I am not sure if its worth dealing with typing a little slower...we will see. The phone is awesome though, truly stunning.
    11-21-08 06:51 PM
    No, returning mine tonight. Going back to the Curve then waiting for the Bold.
    11-21-08 06:52 PM
    I use my bb for work everyday all day basically... I think the storm will work just fine, I think I will be typing just as fast if not faster real soon here.
    11-21-08 06:55 PM
    I love this phone and I consider myself a power user. I'll hang onto it for a while I imagine. I've become pretty proficient with typing already and i've only had it for today. I absolutely love surepress.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 06:56 PM
    my heart says keep, my head says go back to simplicity.
    11-21-08 06:58 PM
    Love the phone and sure typing will come along like any new phone

11-21-08 06:58 PM
    having tested the build before & the current build. I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt YES. A touch screen BB for me is the ultimate for me & the fact that its on VZW is even better. The problems that most people are reporting just seem so to be quirks. Some people need a physical qwerty no matter how pretty the iPhone looks to them. If you are a die-qwerty the Storm is probably NOT for you.
    11-21-08 06:59 PM
    Already thinking about the next bberry? Not good. lol

I plan to use it through the holidays. If I still dont like it, I'll switch back to the curve.

I'll hold on to the storm to see if there are any compelling OS updates or apps. If not, it goes back. The cool thing is, we can return it up until 1/15/09!!!
    11-21-08 07:01 PM
    Im keeping it after a day I have already gotten pretty good at typing. However I will say this is my personal device and I am not in the struggle to keep up with business needs on it. I am just a IT guy they don't let us have them haha

I think the phone meets my expectations so far and future updates will improve it. I will be posting a full review from the negatives to the positives in the next week or so.
    11-21-08 07:05 PM
    Nope I already returned mine maybe I got a bad unit but my 2 biggest complaints are. The screen is loose/moves, and the general construction seems very poor and not at rim's normal durability. Granted I know there are some users that this will work for. But for me I went from a 7100i to treo to XV6800, then I saw the light and got a curve. And filanlly found a device that worked as much as I do.

In the 8 hours that I had it and used it I got more hourglasses than I have ever had on the curve.

With all the hype and positive reviews that were out pre-release I was really excited but then when I got it the bubble burst and I was truly disapointed.

From some of the other feedback I have seen today I don't think I am alone. When I was at the store tonight returning it there was a line to use the demo's and I didn't see a single person buy one. And I was not the only person returning a storm either.

So to sum up I will be waiting for V to get the bold.

11-21-08 07:27 PM
    Your screen wiggles too? That was the first thing that i noticed about the storm the second i took it out of the box. I thought it was a piece of sh!t but i figured i would give it a try to see if all the hype was true. Al in all i have been using it all day and i feel like i'm trying to open programs on an old 486 computer. The damn thing has frozen on me twice and when i go to rotate it, it take about 5 seconds for the damn thing to think and catch up. I'm gonna keep playin with it but from the looks of it, its probably gonna go back to the store. gonna wait for the bold to be released.
    11-21-08 07:36 PM
    Bought at 7:30 returned at 3:30.

This phone is not for heavy email or text users...
    I can get things done 2x as fast on my 8830 which seals the deal for me...

Sure the screen, games, etc. are nice but when it comes down to emails and texts I got tired of it quick.

No qwerty in portrait is a major issue and scrolling to replace mistyped word is almost impossible.

If it cant do email and text better then it is in trouble as iphone apps blow this one away...

I wanted to like it, and hope I do after the major software upgrades come along... I think there will be some big (and rushed) changes from RIM.
    11-21-08 07:41 PM
    When will the bold or niagra or the new curve be released for Verizon?
    11-21-08 09:01 PM
    Not sure yet. I type too fast and miss some of the key presses in ST and QWERTY mode. The final test is if my wife can get accustomed to it I'll probably keep it.
    11-21-08 09:05 PM
    Absolutely keeping it. I gave it a real shot today and it's growing on me. The portrait keyboard is really annoying but the landscape one works just fine. Just need a little OS love to work out some kinks and I'm all set I think.
    11-21-08 09:08 PM
    I will most def be keeping mine! I love having sure type again and am wicked fast with typing on it. The screen is Crisp, Clean and BIG! Plus its kinda nice that Verizon "gives" you a 8gig SD card... tho I already have 4 of them.. Very good phone!
    11-21-08 09:14 PM
    I don't know if I'm a power user or not but I use about 3000 minutes of talk each month. I then read alot of emails on the phone but generally don't need to make long replies.

Being that I use it as a phone 1st, I love the normal Keypad for dialing a phone number(many of my calls are on the road). That above anything makes this phone easier than the curve for me. It is laggy, but has not locked up on me. I'm hoping future updates will solve the OS issues.

I'm keeping mine
    11-21-08 09:15 PM
    I am ditching my curve for my new Storm. I think I can get used to the typing.

11-21-08 09:23 PM
    Got it at 10 am. At 3 pm, I was sure it was going back. Now, after a couple of cocktails, its growing on me. I am a longtime BB user and love the Curve; however, the SureType really works well and I can type very fast on it. The QWERTY is hard form me. I'm missing bad. The phone dialer almost makes up for that though. Also, to me the build seems extremely solid. I have had no crashes-the OS seems very stable to me at present. I'm reasonably satisfied and will give it the full 30 days, see if we get an update and make a decision. Oh, I've been in a 1X area all day as well.
    11-21-08 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD