I recently had my battery go dead. (Wasn't paying attention to battery notification).

When I plugged it into the A/C charger it took about 15 minutes before I could use it again while it charged the battery.

My question is why can't it be immediately used when it is plugged in? I mean this could be dangerous if the battery went dead while in a car and an emergency came up. To then plug it into the car charger and then have to wait 15 minutes to charge enough to use it could be a problem.

All other phones I have owned allowed immediate use when plugged into A/C or car chargers.

Is this problem particular to the Storm or is this how all BBs work. (The Storm is my first BB).

Thanks.
    12-21-08 10:58 PM
    well i have never had mine wait 15 minutes, but all phones take at least a minute because it needs to have some juice in it for it to power up.

But yea, hasn't taken 15 minutes for me.
    12-21-08 11:00 PM
    I've let mine go completly dead a couple of times. Takes about 5 min of charge time before it will come back to life, then is fully useable while charging.
    12-21-08 11:04 PM
    My wife let her Curve fully die and it was 5 or 6 minutes before there was enough juice to turn the radio on again. Maybe the battery acts like a surge protector on advance devices so radio will only run off of the battery (total half baked theory)
    12-21-08 11:05 PM
    yea mine takes a long time to allow me to make calls, if its completely drained and i plug it in, it won't even allow me to manually turn the mobile network on, it will give me a message saying something like you dont have enough battery even thought it's plugged in... kinda annoying and probably a bad situation to be in in case of an emergency
    12-21-08 11:05 PM
    My last phone, a Treo 700p, would work with the A/C or car charger plugged in and no battery in the unit at all. It would instantly turn on. That is why I was concerned about it.

The Storm will not even turn on even if plugged in but the battery is out. Why not?
    12-21-08 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD