I got one drop of water on my storm yesterday! As soon as i saw i wiped up the water and took the battery out, then i blow dried it, put it in a bowl of rice then sat it out all night. No improvements, ive read about rubbing alcohol but im not dunking my baby in liquid. No insurance on the phone it it was a birthday gift from my father..what can i do?!?!
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-03-09 at 11:54 AM. Reason: removed all of the overdramatizing
    07-03-09 11:40 AM
    what is the device doing? is it not coming on?
    07-03-09 11:47 AM
    One drop of water?.. How big was that drop?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 11:49 AM
    If you just got one drop of water on there it should be to serious. It is important that you leave the phone in the rice the full amount of time that is recommended without putting the battery back in and turning it on. I read about that in crackberry 101 series, if you start using it to early it won't be ready. I would put it back in the sealed container of rice and hop over to the lecture series. They may have more tips on there! Good luck!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-09 11:49 AM
    OMG one drop shouldn't do anything. If your phone is fully functional I don't see what the big deal is. And if it's not functional, i'mma say it was more than one drop.
    07-03-09 11:51 AM
    ..what can i do?!?!
    Tell the truth...no way a drop of water caused all that trouble.
    07-03-09 01:13 PM
    I have used the Storm in pouring rain and nothing has happened to that extent
    07-04-09 04:32 AM
    Seriously, one drop? I've dunked a PhantomSkinz protector in a bowl of water and then slapped it right onto my Storm - thing is still running fine, screen gap and all.
    07-04-09 04:42 AM
    I agree... All blackberry's are pretty good when it comes to water... I am jogging with my bold in back pocket (using gps to track me, and playing streaming music from moodio.fm) and as i sweat phone is wet every time... but it just works - no problem so far (a year+ or repeating this weekly)...

I see no difference, why Storm would be more fragile in this remark...
    07-04-09 06:22 AM
    Im seriously thinking that this is a joke thread????
    07-04-09 07:04 AM
    Hey are you serious a drop of water come on dude.
    07-04-09 07:41 AM
    its not a joke, and i know this shouldn't be an issue. all i know is that the screen became unresponsive so i cut it on then on again. Huge water spots everywhere. I havent cut it on all the way because im scared i might fry it. I put some alcohol on it and in some more rice over night. I'll just wait till tonight to try it again
    07-04-09 04:22 PM
    Where exactly this drop of water hit your phone? From your first post it sounded like it was literally just one bead of water sitting on the screen or something, but now it sounds like you got a lot of water into that gap around the screen.

What exactly happened?
    07-04-09 05:13 PM
    Ok...

It has been my experience that the screen on the storm, due to it being a conductive detection screen, will not function properly when it is wet or damp. My storm does the same thing when it is damp. Normally all I have to do is dry it off (such as wipe it off with a cloth or something), and the screen should operate fine then.

As long as no water has entered inside the phone, you should be ok otherwise.
    07-04-09 05:36 PM
    Something doesn't seem right with the OP. It sounds more likely that it got submerged into water or doused than getting a single drop.

And what does "so i cut it on then on again" mean?

Regardless, don't just put rice "on" it. You need to submerge the Storm in a sealed container with rice and then wait.
    07-04-09 05:37 PM
    This is what happened. I was drinking some water in a cup and then a small amount got on my screen. i immediately wiped it up and i guess some got in the phone. its been 2 days now and NO improvements. if anything its gotten worse. Now its on my t.v vent as it will be for the next 3 days. later i will try compressed air
    07-04-09 05:52 PM
    This is what happened. I was drinking some water in a cup and then a small amount got on my screen. i immediately wiped it up and i guess some got in the phone. its been 2 days now and NO improvements. if anything its gotten worse. Now its on my t.v vent as it will be for the next 3 days. later i will try compressed air

Why go through all this trouble? Go to a Verizon store.

Well its your phone and your choice.
    07-05-09 04:32 AM
    Remove screen protector (might be hard 2 detect) > put in sealed bag of rice for 3 days over which time change rice once/twice > power on regardless of worry > if against all odds no go, replace b/c likely something else wrong.
    07-05-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD