I have a Storm that I won in the NYC grab contest a while back. I have an offer to buy, but the guy wants it unlocked for TMobile.

I searched the forums a bit, and it looks like I have to call Verizon and get an unlock code? But do I need the guy's SIM card to get it fully unlocked? Or can I handle it from my end and then just hand it over to him and he can use his SIM card?

Also, the phone is not activated to my Verizon account... Does it need to be activated to get this unlock code?
    01-15-09 12:49 PM
    Activate it to your account then unlock it and then activate your old phone again then sell it.
    01-15-09 12:58 PM
    Like the above said, activate the phone under your account, call Verizon, get the unlock code, enter the unlock code, put your Curve back onto your account and sell the phone.
    01-15-09 01:00 PM
    Does he need to say anything special for them to give him the code, like he's going to europe? Or will they give him the code because it's a full retail Storm? (i.e. not under contract).
    01-15-09 01:29 PM
    I also won the storm in the Grab. It doesn't matter that he won it. He has to have it on an active verizon account for them to unlock it.

I have a sister that helped me out....
    01-15-09 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD