Long post... skip to end of post if you dont care to read it all...

Monday:
    Purchased phone
    Uploaded pics/ringtones Installed facebook app
    Battery pull... and my first experience with "ap Error 523"
    Error wont let you do anything, as soon as you start up you hit that screen and kiss your @ss goodbye... nothing you can do to get by it (in my case)

Tuesday:
    Returned phone for new one
    Uploaded pics and ringtones with NO facebook (thinking FB was the culprit)
    Battery pull with "A E 523"

Wednesday:
    got my 3RD phone
    Realized that i had been dragging and dropping my pictures from file to phone rather than using Roxio
    Reuploaded pics with Rox thinking that was the problem
    Battery pull... same problem
    Now im lost.. pulled the memory card thinking that had something to do with it...
    Walla! Perfect! no app error!! now i know its something with the memory card.

CONCLUSION:
    Formatted the card... reloaded the pics with rox... App error 523.. DAMMMMMIIITT!! Now i know its the pics buy why

LIGHT BULB... duh... some of the pics were photoedited with CS4. They were created .png.... so i just opened them in paint, saved them as jpeg and it works perfect...

Moral of the story....

(In my case atleast) The only time it would cause a problem is when i had the pics as my background... thus when the phone would boot, for some reason it would get snagged on the .png background file and not want to load... Simply changing the files to .jpeg or whatever, and i have not had it since..
    So if you are getting AP error 523... make sure you are not using and photoshopped pics that may be interfering..

Feel free to flame on.
    05-16-09 03:05 PM
    never upgraded the OS.. using .75
    05-16-09 09:49 PM
    Had App Error 523, did a battery pull and it worked fine when I was on .75
    05-16-09 11:13 PM
    its not an OS error, its one of the applications that loads with the OS that is corrupt/incomplete/missing...the OS reload should initiate a fix for whatever app is the issue...
    05-17-09 01:14 AM
    yeah... what he said...
    05-18-09 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD