My carrier Bell Mobility has lost my MSL password hence making my Storm a big paperweight..... Seams no one can unlock this phone either??
    So my question is .... Can I reset this password??

Thanks
    Mike. BB pin. 3021270C

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 08:30 PM
    Assuming that Bell lost the password as you state, then ask them to get you another phone.
    12-29-09 08:56 PM
    If Bell took this phone from a sealed box and activated it... Should they not have all the codes!??? The phone was being used for the last 4mths on my wifes acct... This is a Bell phone (confirmed By RIM) but Bell is denying its a Bell phone..... I think I am outta options.... Not Bell Nor RIM are offering any soloutions here!!!!
    The guy I bought the phone from 4mths ago won it at a company party if that changes anything.....

12-29-09 11:53 PM
    Here are the procedure you will need to do to eliminate Activation Required. Obtain these two programs:

1. uniCDMA
    2. Hexworkshop

1. Install your blackberry desktop manager and plug in your storm.

2. Run desktop manager
    3. Minimize DM and run uniCDMA 4. Select �Qualcomm� under the mode drop menu
    5. Click setup and change the port to com4
    6. Click read all and it should fill in the boxes on the left with your blackberry information
    7. Click memory and change the starting address to 0�17c47cce and length to 524288. Click read and save to file.
    8. Now open Hexworkshop and open the file you just created.
    9. In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password.
    10. Unplug your blackberry and call ##XXXXXX (XXXXXX is the MSL password) Press Send
    11. Change the Mobile Directory Number to you 10 digit cell number.
    12. Press Menu then close and it will reset your phone and you are good to go.�

12-30-09 07:49 AM
    Was your wife using it as a smartphone with email/data/BBM/web browsing? Or was she just using it as a phone?

If the phone has been activated by Bell once, it should remain active, and she needs to disassociate it from her account before it can be activated on your account. Remember too that you will need a BB plan to have all functions working.
    12-30-09 07:52 AM
    Yeah she had the BB unlimited plan.. And she has switched to an Iphone now... So I assume is disassociated from her acct

12-30-09 07:57 AM
    Tips and trouble shooting1.

Q: AT* step# 7 it fails saying it can't find that address. *

ANS: if you have a non-factory OS installed while doing it. such as .114 installed when you tried and it wouldn't work.* Reloaded the carriers default storm OS, try it and it should work2.

Q:* At step 9 In the right box you will see a 6 digit number. That is your MSL password", which part of the screen are they talking about? I don't see any numbers anywhere

ANS: In Hexworksop go to Tools > Find Strings... Set your value to 6 and press find. Then in the lower right** hand corner you should see a six digit** number in your 'Search Results' box.

The link where I found this
    How to remove activation required message on Telus / Bell Storm

12-30-09 12:20 PM
    Why does Bell keep saying my phone os not a Bell phone?? Its says Bell when it starts up.. It came sealed in a bell box.... Seriously WTF !!! I am getting so angry with Bell... If I get this phone unlocked I might tell Bell To stick it !!!!

12-31-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD