Just wondering. I'm about to purchase a new car and want to know if I can use a MP3 input jack or do I need a USB audio interface system.
    05-13-09 08:16 AM
    The input jack should work. Just like a ipod would

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 08:18 AM
    some ( not all ) car stereos with come with a jack 3.5mm so you can plug your mp3 player into the radio. or there are radio adapters that you can use with your mp3 player and tune your radio to the frequency. that option kind of sucks though...
    05-13-09 08:20 AM
    I am not trying to be a d*** because I have made the same mistake. But, you really need to do a search on your questions first. You will find tons of posts on this very topic. Many different approaches have been talked about. Just some advise. Good luck on Crackberry. It is an awesome place.

Depending on your car stereo you could look into transmitting your music via bluetooth. But your stereo must be compatible. Otherwise the 3.5 mm jack is the way to go. Good Luck!
    05-13-09 08:24 AM
    I have a Auxiliary jack in the front of my head unit. It's a aftermarket radio but most new cars come with one. Just plug into your headphone jack on the Storm and into the Aux jack on the radio ( IF you have one ) Then change input on your radio to Aux. This works just fine...

P.S.
    Turn your alerts to silent or you volume will turn down, then you will need to do a battery pull the bring it back up.
    05-13-09 08:40 AM
    I havent found a decent car charger that doesnt distort the sound quality. Other then that it works just fine. Anyone suggest a good car mount?
    05-13-09 08:55 AM
    I have a system that I installed on my car that allow me to connect my ipod and an aux jack to my cars stereo with CD qualitiy.

I have my system running to the glove box that way i just....

Set it and Forget it....
    05-13-09 04:18 PM
    05-13-09 04:23 PM
    Just plug into your aux . Unless your unfortunate like me and don't have that option. I sometime use a FM transmitter.
    05-13-09 04:49 PM
    Hook up the Storm via Bluetooth to a Motorola T505 which has a FM transmitter. This will let you play music and hear phone calls on your car speakers.
    05-13-09 10:25 PM
    my set up was using a blackberry bluetooth stereo transmitter which is plugged right into my car's 3.5mm mp3 jack. it's tiny and hides well.

MUCH BETTER sound quality vs fm transmitters.

haven't experienced any signal drops or intererences. sound is clean and clear. def check it out since you will have the mp3 input jack like mine.
    Last edited by jaeyang9; 05-13-09 at 10:40 PM.
    05-13-09 10:33 PM
    Hook up the Storm via Bluetooth to a Motorola T505 which has a FM transmitter. This will let you play music and hear phone calls on your car speakers.
    i use the same thing. It is awesome. No complaints on it. I get rediculous battery life off it before it needs to be recharged. Works great
    05-13-09 11:33 PM
    I got the 3.5 wire for mine, but when I play music from my BB it's REALLY quiet. Any way to fix this? I have adjusted the BB volume all the way up, but I have to max out my stereo to even hear it a little bit.
    05-15-09 02:57 PM
    Aux input will do the trick. I have noticed the same thing as some others, the volume is kinda low coming from my BB though.
    05-15-09 03:06 PM
    I do the same thing with a Jabra SP700, and love it. I also have an SP500, which did not have this feature. I'm not going to claim it's digital sounding sound or anything, but I was very surprised how good it does sound.

05-15-09 08:19 PM
    I got the 3.5 wire for mine, but when I play music from my BB it's REALLY quiet. Any way to fix this? I have adjusted the BB volume all the way up, but I have to max out my stereo to even hear it a little bit.
    I have the same situation
    05-15-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD