11-02-08 10:49 AM
    I don't think this applies to blackberries because Blackberry plans are already mandatory. This isw for pdas and smartphones that are not blackberries

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 10:54 AM
    I don't think this applies to blackberries because Blackberry plans are already mandatory. This isw for pdas and smartphones that are not blackberries

While this is true, I could see this as coinciding with a release of the Storm. Companies like to have a target date for multiple projects, at least the companies I've worked for. Just my opinion.
    11-02-08 11:32 AM
    I would like to think that this is a hint lol!! And I do think that it's kinda weird that it's date is set the same as the storm.
    11-02-08 12:26 PM
    I could see it as a great strategy as well.

1: Don't buy a palm treo, moto q, or blackberry, or any windows mobile device if you aren't going to pay for the data plan. Because there is no reason for you to have a phone like that for pure organizational purposes.

2: If there is a quota that has to be met and people are deciding between the storm, omnia, and htc touch... customers will go for the "I dont have to have a data plan" option. That way it puts everything on an even playing field.
    11-02-08 12:40 PM
    While this is true, I could see this as coinciding with a release of the Storm. Companies like to have a target date for multiple projects, at least the companies I've worked for. Just my opinion.
    That's what i was thinking. I mean why not later in the month, why not today. Its about the same time as the rumored Storm release date.
    11-02-08 12:41 PM
    Sounds fine to me. I want the data and have already been paying for it so won't bother me at all. I'm still thinking 15th for release. It only seems right since they specifically said 11/14.

11-02-08 12:43 PM
    blackberry is already required to have a data plan on it, i pay 29.99 a month for my data plan. so hopefully the storm will come out way before the 15th hopefully, i only have till the 13th to return my curve under the 30 day worry free
    11-02-08 12:51 PM
    Just return your curve and go back to your old phone, have them reset the date, then purchase the storm a week or so later, or heck, even on that day. If you ordered the phone via customer care make sure you include shipping time. if it was at the store just take it back today. You can live without it for a few weeks,
    11-02-08 12:54 PM
    I am confused about this article. I have a MotoQ smart phone I got last year, and I was told it requires the 45$ a month PDA data plan. So why are they saying they are changing it to be required. Everyone one on here is saying that the BB's are required to have data plans. So were we getting screwed before in that we were told we had to have a data plan when it was not required before?? Can anyone say lawsuit.... I mean there are several times of the last year + that i have had my phone that I never needed the data plan with it and would have loved to been able to cancel the data part.
    11-02-08 01:58 PM
    I am confused about this article. I have a MotoQ smart phone I got last year, and I was told it requires the 45$ a month PDA data plan. So why are they saying they are changing it to be required. Everyone one on here is saying that the BB's are required to have data plans. So were we getting screwed before in that we were told we had to have a data plan when it was not required before?? Can anyone say lawsuit.... I mean there are several times of the last year + that i have had my phone that I never needed the data plan with it and would have loved to been able to cancel the data part.
    To use your words, you got screwed with the MotoQ, but I'm sure that it could be a misunderstanding. You needed the data plan to get any rebate on your phone. Blackberries were separate from all other PDA phones on Verizon and required a data plan.
    11-02-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD