there are many apps that i would never use in landscape mode. is there any way to lock certain programs or things to portrait mode? that would be a lifesaver.
    02-26-09 03:07 AM
    in the coding of the app only
    02-26-09 03:49 AM
    Um... Don't hold it in landscape? Its sort of a wise *** answer, but why get the Storm if this is one of its main selling points. Its like complaining about the wind in a convertible

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 09:18 AM
    I agree with Squeegee. The landscape mode is the main reason I bought the Storm. If you don't want the landscape mode, you should buy the Curve instead.

02-26-09 09:30 AM
    I too would love to disable landscape mode, especially on the "home" page. It has been a big source of frustration for me that the the home page never seems to be oriented the right way, or a soft button click registers incorrectly, the OS is lagging behind, struggling to orient the screen correctly (and yes, I am using .109). Especially when I get a call, I never need landscape on the home screen, why anyone needs it is a mystery to me.
    02-26-09 09:58 AM
    I hear a lot of crying.

Simply don't hold your phone sideways.

My storm is fast as sh!t.

No problems with landscape.

and kind of disappointed in your response collins.

seriously.
    02-26-09 10:09 AM
    Um... Don't hold it in landscape? Its sort of a wise *** answer, but why get the Storm if this is one of its main selling points. Its like complaining about the wind in a convertible

There are a lot of reasons to disable landscape mode in some applications. For intance, there is virtually no reason to have the main icon menu in landscape mode. Switching from landscape to portrait is a fairly resource-intensive task, especially when having to load a wallpaper when switching from landscape to portrait.

This is especially apparent when the phone sits on a table in landscape mode, and a call is received. The phone's hardware is unable to quickly process receiving the call and switching to portrait mode at the same time, resulting in lags and potentially missed calls.
    02-26-09 10:09 AM
    SIMMER DOWN NOW...everyone its always nice to know. cant we all play nice?
    02-26-09 10:12 AM
    There are a lot of reasons to disable landscape mode in some applications. For intance, there is virtually no reason to have the main icon menu in landscape mode. Switching from landscape to portrait is a fairly resource-intensive task, especially when having to load a wallpaper when switching from landscape to portrait.

This is especially apparent when the phone sits on a table in landscape mode, and a call is received. The phone's hardware is unable to quickly process receiving the call and switching to portrait mode at the same time, resulting in lags and potentially missed calls.
    Yet again.

More of a personal problem.

My storm along with many others. Have zero problem with the switching of the screens. In ANY scenario.
    02-26-09 10:12 AM
    Yet again.

My storm along with many others. Have zero problem with the switching of the screens. In ANY scenario.
    Setting the phone on a table is not a personal problem.
    02-26-09 10:16 AM
    I hear a lot of crying.

Simply don't hold your phone sideways.

My storm is fast as sh!t.

No problems with landscape.

and kind of disappointed in your response collins.

seriously.
    What is "fast as S***" to some is slow to me.

Just like The Jonas Brothers are great to some and a pitiful to others.
    02-26-09 10:18 AM

I agree with Squeegee. The landscape mode is the main reason I bought the Storm. If you don't want the landscape mode, you should buy the Curve instead.

really? that is no were near the main selling point for this phone. im gonna go out on a limb and say the main selling point is the fact that its a touchscreen that clicks. and it still is a touchscreen that clicks in portrait mode. now if i were one of the people asking to disable the click, yeah you could say what youve said. there are certain apps that i just never use in landscape mode. i dont want the curve because i wanted a touchscreen. do me a favor, lay down on your side and try to text someone without using landscape.
    02-26-09 02:04 PM
    Yet again.

wow.. kinda a pissy character arent you. if you dont have a problem with it in landscape mode, great for you and stop posting in forums dedicated to people who would enjoy this feature. open forums more suitable to you. we all want this phone to be customized to our own liking, if we didnt we would have bought an iphone.
    02-26-09 02:07 PM
    I like landscape but I only like it when I want it. If that makes any sense. I hate having to shake my storm to get it back to normal view everytime I take it out of my pocket

02-26-09 02:34 PM
    wow there was nothing posted out of all these responses that answered the reason this was made...
    08-12-10 02:34 PM
    if you have quick launch you lock the tilt on your phone to keep it in portrait. May not work on all apps however, but for me it works on most. There are some free apps out there that do the lock as well. Just search. Here is one....

Lock Tilt - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    08-12-10 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD