Not sure if anythign like this was posted before

After receiving my Storm on the 12/5 (release day in Aus) my phone had the click issues as many others have posted here.

having been sent a replacement storm and finding the new one to have the same issue i again organized a replacement again (to be carried out this thursday). Although what i decided to do was try out the storm one more time just in case, when i put the batt and cover on i see that the screen clicks just as my old one did with the cards behind it.

although funny thing happened when i put the mem card and sim card inside. the issue started again i.e unable to click the the screen properly on the bottom left corner above the answer key. i un hinged the batt cover and re applied it. the issue has gone. my click screen is perfect again... so i decided to do some testing...

removed the batt cover and applied the old cover on the working phone and the issue returns no matter how i apply the battery cover.

placed the working batt cover on the non working device although and fixes the issue only alittle although there was some improvements...

as a test people with the click issue have a look at your batt cover.. press on it near the clips at the bottom if there is any movement even a slight one there is your problem. And most likely a battery cover replacement might fix your problem (do not try if you put cards on the battery trick as mine did not work)

funny thing how it turned out I see that it all comes down to how well the battery cover is attached to the device. Based on my experiences I find that the t6 screws are screwed tightly although this is counteracted by the battery cover whether that is in the idea that is another matter. Although what I do know from my experiences, credit card trick is potentially damaging the phone, the screw trick can have some unperceived issues also. My only advise with people with this problem would be to try a battery cover switch before anything else i.e go down to your store and ask to swap it with a screen that clicks already because personally after replaceing my BB it�s a pain in the arse to set it back up again as even though you have the options to save all the data it still doesn�t work properly and you end up setting some things up again. ALSO if you used the credit card behind the battery you can try but I doubt you will see positive results.

Lastly my phone is 9500 made in Hungary, and all this was found by coincidence and might not help seeing as a lot have the 9530

Happy clicking
    12-15-08 01:49 PM
    I only turned my screw 1/4 of a turn, so there will be no ill effects from that. Dont go crazy turning it full turns, thats just stupid.
    12-15-08 01:55 PM
    I agree about the fit of the battery cover. That's also why it's of substantial thickness- to be rigid and support pressure from the click screen.
    12-15-08 02:04 PM
    Got my brand new Storm today, and thankfully the screen clicks evenly and great everywhere. Guess I got lucky.....
    12-15-08 02:06 PM
    i doubt has got much to do with it as both batterys feel and look the same.. though i found the locking mechanism on the not working device to not work properly whether that is from the card on the battery or not i couldn't say
    12-15-08 02:15 PM
    I started to have screen click problems after a few days of using the leather case from verizon. after using the case a few days I remember noticing how the battery door seemed a bit more loose. that is also when my screen clisk issues started. I tried all of the fixes with none of them working well.. after readinig your article I looked at the attachment lever for the top of the door(near the camera) I then used a pair of needle nosed pliers to slightly bend them in (all I did was put the pliers on the outside of the door and the lever and squeeze a little to get the levers close to flush ont he door) . then put the door back on and made sure it was tight with now movement at all. I just typed a super long email without any problems at all I do not know if this is the end all fix all but I can tell you I will not use the verizon case again and will be taking it back asap.
    12-15-08 02:17 PM
    I started to have screen click problems after a few days of using the leather case from verizon. after using the case a few days I remember noticing how the battery door seemed a bit more loose. that is also when my screen clisk issues started. I tried all of the fixes with none of them working well.. after readinig your article I looked at the attachment lever for the top of the door(near the camera) I then used a pair of needle nosed pliers to slightly bend them in (all I did was put the pliers on the outside of the door and the lever and squeeze a little to get the levers close to flush ont he door) . then put the door back on and made sure it was tight with now movement at all. I just typed a super long email without any problems at all I do not know if this is the end all fix all but I can tell you I will not use the verizon case again and will be taking it back asap.
    good to hear that a similar issue has been resolved the same way. i wish i had a photo of the battery clip and what i mean althogh the difference is very small and hard to notice but once you see it you know its there
    12-15-08 02:23 PM
    good to hear that a similar issue has been resolved the same way. i wish i had a photo of the battery clip and what i mean althogh the difference is very small and hard to notice but once you see it you know its there
    wish granted
    12-15-08 02:56 PM
    I did the screw adjustment as well and it fixed my screen wonderfully. I did experience the sim card error others had but removing and re-inserting it fixed that as well. Then about a week ago, I noticed that my battery door was "loose" in the upper left corner to the point where I was concerned that I would eventually catch it on something if I wasn't careful. Then the battery itself became somewhat looser to the point where if I removed the door and tapped the phone lightly, the battery would fall out. Now my sim card shows as uninstalled no matter what I do. I'm expecting a replacement tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully all will be well as otherwise, I've been very happy with my phone.
    12-15-08 03:43 PM
    thanks Eagle17 you saved me the inconvienence of trying to take the photo while holding things in my hands
    12-15-08 03:43 PM
    I got my replacement Storm because my click was not that great. The new one (which had the same model # and all that, but came loaded with .75) clicked much better but it had that pinhole between the 2 keys like someone else complained about, and yeah, it really *is* more annoying than I thought. So, just for kicks I put the new phone's battery cover on my old phone and the screen clicks better.

Here's the thing -- the phones' model numbers were the same, but the number stamped onto the metal back plate was different by one. One says something like 104 and the new one says 108.

So I'm going to look at them a little closer and see if I can tell any difference. The new one made my old phone click better, so I'm switching the plates.
    12-15-08 05:27 PM
    I got my replacement Storm because my click was not that great. The new one (which had the same model # and all that, but came loaded with .75) clicked much better but it had that pinhole between the 2 keys like someone else complained about, and yeah, it really *is* more annoying than I thought. So, just for kicks I put the new phone's battery cover on my old phone and the screen clicks better.

Here's the thing -- the phones' model numbers were the same, but the number stamped onto the metal back plate was different by one. One says something like 104 and the new one says 108.

So I'm going to look at them a little closer and see if I can tell any difference. The new one made my old phone click better, so I'm switching the plates.
    did you use the business card trick while waiting for your new storm??
    12-15-08 06:09 PM
    i have ordered a replacement storm due to screen click probelms, after reading the OP i took my battery cover off and bent it a little to make it fit on the back tighter and my screen clicks all over perfectly fine
    12-15-08 06:18 PM
    I wonder if it makes a difference where they are made? Mine says on the box "Handheld made in Mexico 5 Accessories Made in Canada, USA, China, Japan" and says the model is RBW71CW. Mine works fine, but I have only had it a few days.
    12-24-08 08:10 AM
    I just squeezed the edges of the battery door ever so slightly so when the 3 top prongs fit into the holes near the top, they're snug. (did it so it would be a little convex, maybe by a 1mm if that) I also did the 1/4 turn with the T6, and WOW, a very big difference. No need for a business card at all. Clicks perfect everywhere.
    12-25-08 11:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD